How's your day? April 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Therapy, whether or not you need it(the cats).

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Dank je wel!

(for the sake of the others and for the sake of not giving myself a headache...)

I have some practice with listening via Duolingo and I'm starting to watch Dutch language movies (with some frustration) on youtube and on amazon. I am trying -- without success -- to find movies in Dutch with Dutch subtitles (instead of English subtitles). Speaking, I have very little practice except in my own head. But, this is my fault; I have a good friend who was raised speaking Dutch at home (he's first gen Canadian) that I could skype with. But, I keep finding excuses.

3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Have you tried setting your language in Netflix to Nederlands and see what's available?

4. richgem

I don't have Netflix. And amazon won't let me set sys lang to NL. (But, I can pick from Spanish, 3 versions of English, and Chinese).

But, I might look into getting either Netflix or Hulu back... my friend says there's some decent content that might help me.

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Toppie!

( :happy088: )

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Wow! So cool. I am a fervent stargazer on the dark prairie in Colorado. Kudos!

RaZorBurn123, Intrigued and lradke like this.
  8. richgem

very cool

RaZorBurn123, Intrigued and lradke like this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

That's really cool! Who knew that @swarden43 was that unknown outside TSD? While everyone here knows the purple stream in the sky is just the light bouncing off Steve's 'stache...

richgem and swarden43 like this.
  10. richgem

Looks like Steve made it to slashdot today: https://science.slashdot.org/story/...range-new-light-in-the-sky-and-named-it-steve

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
    Intrigued likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We went shopping for a new car (for me) today. I am buying a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid.

12. Paul Turner

Best day I've spent as a TSD member........set up my new avatar, which followed putting in some orders to companies of which I never would have heard prior to joining.

RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Which companies and what did you order?

14. Paul Turner

Stirling(Sandpiper A.S. w/Menthol added, and the "lil brudder" shave brush), and Local Gent Co.(Fields&Streams Shave soap).

Sara-s likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's been a busy day. I had to redo some gardening that was undone by a thundersstorm, last night. Then, off to High Rock Park to help with a charity run. It's a run which includes an obstacle course and our archery club does one of the challenges. It was supposed to involve shooting Nerf arrows through a hoop, but the equipment was lost or stolen. So we did a simple beanbag toss, instead. It was fun, but being outside on a warm sunny day, I am very tired.

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

We're getting ready for new carpets on Tuesday, which means everything must be moved that's on da floor.
    I found shaving gear that I had completely forgotten about.
    :bounce017:

Shaver X, Sara-s and mrchick like this.
  17. richgem

Looks like I'm the newest member of the jayaruh brush club! :bounce015::bounce017:

[​IMG]

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.
  18. richgem

Under the carpet? Huh... that's a new place to hide things. ;)

macaronus likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No.:) In my dresser, my night stand. But I did find a razor blade wrapper of two.

macaronus likes this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hope the equipment was merely misplaced and will be found soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.