How's Your Day? April 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Apr 1, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. richgem

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Received notice an hour ago that my two areas of professional qualification are officially cleared for Florida. So that's good.

Frijolero, Hembree, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I worked up the nerve to get on the scale this morning. I discovered that I have lost 6 lb since the last time I checked. (Still a long way to go, but it’s a step in the right direction.)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    brit, Frijolero, Erik Redd and 7 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Congrats!

brit, Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks! I had a doctor’s app’t today and was 6 pounds lighter on his scale as well. Nice to know it wasn’t just wishful thinking.

BigMark83, brit, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Stayed home from work the last two days due to a stomach bug. If I'm taking off from work I should be doing something fun instead of this.

AGHisBBS, brit and Frijolero like this.
  8. richgem

Probably time to check your worm medication. :scared007:

AGHisBBS, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Did 4 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, and reloaded said dish washer, folded and stacked already done laundry.
    Working on figuring out supper for tonight, then going to go look at 2 possible homes for my bride and the expected little one.

BigMark83, AGHisBBS, brit and 4 others like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I shot 279/300 last night at the club. I was pleasantly surprised, as I felt like my shooting was a bit off.
    Today, lots of sewing, as I had my sewing class. I made a cover for the sewing machine.
    8729B0B0-D9EE-49DE-A873-9726E73F5661.jpeg

BigMark83, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My daughter is almost 11 and the wife has allowed her to start shaving her legs. They ran out of Proglides so I talked her into trying out the Lady Gillette/Big Ben and Barbasol. Said she really liked it. Didn't care for the Personna Star Trek. Wife still won't use either.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good for you; let her learn good practices from the start.

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today got off to a much better start than yesterday. Yesterday began at 4 AM with the sound of water dripping into my bedroom, though a skylight window that my husband forgot to close. As he had to leave for work, I got to spend much of the ay cleaning up a mess I didn’t cause.

But this morning, while on the net, I was greeted by a Skype text from one of my Afghan students. We had a delightful chat. I hadn’t heard from him in a while, because he was busy with final exams. He finished with an average of 87. I am so proud of him!

I also had time to continue with a sewing project (that is now close to completion) and get outside to spray some polyurethane on a bunch of wood dowels and end caps.

gorgo2, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  14. richgem

Little Dutch pancakes (poffertjes) for Good Friday
    . web.jpg

This was my first attempt to make them completely from scratch. Results were just acceptable. They came out very dense (possibly due to old yeast). But, with this particular recipe the batter comes out more like a choux dough instead of like pancake batter. The thicker dough makes them easier to spoon out and to flip when cooking. But, clearly a few tweaks are needed.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  15. brit

brit in a box

wife and i went out for breakfast at the local cafe.. awesome.. eggs bennie..

Hembree, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  16. richgem

So,, were they eggcellent or the toast of the town?

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I never knew that. LOL. I'm looking ahead to April 30 and May 1....National Therapy Pet Day and National ME day(my birthday)respectively. :).

Hembree, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

11 must be a turning-point year for girls. When we had my Dad's memorial service in Washington, DC his youngest cousin asked my Mom if she felt it would be OK for him to bring his 11-year daughter down for it. My mom said words to the effect of "Yes..I think she's ready for something like this".

Hembree, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my dog last night. She was about a year old when I found her on 3.28.2002 and we enjoyed over 17 years together.

RIP Ms. Spike.

spike6.jpg

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

AGHisBBS, brit and PanChango like this.