How's Your Day? December 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Dec 6, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

(only 6 days late)

[​IMG]

Intrigued and timabababaluka like this.
  2. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

And breath.....

So, so busy atm. I have barely time to pick up my phone, let alone get some internet time or get many shaves in the morning.

Xmas break can't come quick enough!

timabababaluka likes this.
  3. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Great shave this morning; a much-awaited part for my heater came in, and facilities was finally able to get the heat working in my classroom; somehow the stars were all aligned such that all of the classes I teach today have student-directed activities, and I find myself largely unneeded and pleasantly bored; got a date lined up with The Missus tonight; and a three-week Christmas Vacation is on my two-week horizon. So far, everything is coming up Timmy--we'll see how long that lasts ;)

richgem likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We are in a hotel in Lancaster PA right now. We spent the day doing a bunch of stops- a furniture shop (looking for a fold-down sewing table) our favorite chocolate shop, Wilbur Chocolate (self-explanatory), the archery shop for a quiver & bow stand for the recurve, a local grocer, etc.
    Since little is open here on Sunday, we will head over to Hamburg, PA to Cabela’s.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    timabababaluka, richgem and brit like this.
  5. richgem

Penguins like chocolate. You know, just saying. :innocent

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had my Quilt Guild meeting which was vey enjoyable. While there, I had a “Small world” moment. I was chatting with another member who shares my interest in archery. A woman who overheard us asked if I had ever been a member of Victory Archers (I have). Her husband Joe was the vice-president and I know him well. Once I told her my name, she knew exactly who I was, as Joe & often called each other about club business.

Paul Turner, Intrigued and richgem like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a nice workout at the gym, and came home to find my landlord here, installing a new overhead kitchen light. It's an LED-should be much better than the ones I had.

8. Paul Turner

I'd say you had 2 small world moments.

9. Paul Turner

We can't get Burgess Meredith(Penguin in Batman)to confirm this-he's dead.

brit likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Back at the range, I got to shoot my "big girl" compound bow today, for the first time in 2 months. It felt good, but tiring and a bit of an adjustment to the way it pulls. I'm out of practice with it and a bit inaccurate, but that is hardly surprising and doesn't worry me. I had a good time shooting.

brit, richgem and Paul Turner like this.
  11. richgem

FTFY :)

brit and Sara-s like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Major accomplishment today(besides my shave)was the purchase of a new pair of winter shoes. They are somewhat in between dress shoes and hiking boots. Good warmth.

brit and Intrigued like this.
  13. richgem

I had in person Dutch class number two today. Things continue to improve and I have to say I was pleased with how I did.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We recently discovered that the cabinet beneath the sink in our small downstairs bathroom has become moldy. There is far too much to clean- it has to be replaced. So we went shopping today, for a replacement for the cabinet, as well as the sink (which was cheap to begin with and is in poor condition.)

After seeing nothing we liked at Lowe’s, we went to a local supplier (from whom I had bought my bath tub & floor tiles). They can be pricey, but they have much better stuff. They had a floor sample, including the cabinet, under mount sink and granite countertop, which we chose to buy. There are a couple of little nicks in the wood, which I can touch up, but that’s why it was on sale for less than half of list price.

They will deliver it on Monday-pics then.

richgem and brit like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

More on the sink story- we dismantled & disposed of the old sink & cabinet. In doing so, we found the slow leak that cause the problem, along with some rotten metal on the faucet. (Minor, as a faucet is easily replaced.). My husband has spent a good part of the day just cleaning the mold off the floor.

Yes, of course he is wearing gloves & a filter mask. I feel bad about my limited ability to help- we are trying to avoid setting off my asthma.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    brit likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

I had a nice workout, but I busted a tire and its rim on the drive home. Thankfully, there's a Midas on the way home so I pulled in there and they'll call me Monday when they put in the new tire, rim, and all. I did have to drive a little ways between the accident and Midas, which was rather noisy, but I made it. I was just about to enter our lovely rotary(roundabout), when I hit the curb. I have my spare on for now, but I'm not planning to drive much between now and Monday when they call me. I need to hit the grocery store though....a man's got to eat.

brit likes this.