How's your day? January 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Well, it's 8:32pm on NYE and I'm getting ready for bed. Please share what you did on NYE. Keep it classy ;)

macaronus, Troy M and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Drinking a little bourbon and surfing the internet. Have football on the tube, but not overly interested. Probably go to bed at 12:01.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I watched Bama advance in the playoff. On my couch. I'll be up at midnight only because I am normally up at midnight. Looking forward to the holiday tomorrow.

Happy New Year to TSD!

sol92258, Troy M and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Roll Tide!

5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Looks like you'll need to edit this one. A heck of an upset.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Was actually hoping Msu might score a little, losses like tonight change the course of college football programs. I marvel at the pressure placed on those players. Many of them aren't even old enough to drink tonight. Football can be cruel and demanding, but every kid out there left it all on the field. The shame lies not in losing, but in failing to give it everything in the tank. Nobody need walk away with there head down.

Erik Redd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Football is brutal, just brutal. The one thing you don't get a good sense of without standing on the sidelines is how >fast> they move. F=Ma

It's no wonder longevity after high school is very low.

8. Bama Samurai

Bama has a 300 pound center who got sixty yards down field, OUT IN FRONT of an end (WR was ball carrier) around in the game tonight. I sat on the front row 35 for the opener this year, and the sound of the helmets hitting pads is unbelievable.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Do you think the game might be safer if the players didn't have pads and helmets? There's 2 reasons for this. The pads my be foe protection but they also act as a weapon. Secondly playing rugby at school we have no pads but it made you think carefully of how you tackled someone as you didn't want to injure yourself. Just a thought.

CyanideMetal and Troy M like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

This point is often raised in the USA. I deeply fear that diets, drugs and equipment have led to a game that cannot be played safely in any way. Sadly though, it wouldn't make for spectacular TV if pads were banned.

CyanideMetal and Slow Joe like this.
  11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Happy new year everyone. I should probably start by saying I'm not completely with it at the moment. I wish I could say it was a result of a night of decadent celebration. Unfortunately the truth isn't so interesting. The last 3 days of 2015 were spent in bed with a fever. I couldn't eat. I was sleeping about 20 hours a day, and I had no idea what day of the week it was. This did lead to one embarrassing, kind of funny story.
    The doorbell rang. In my disorientated state I rushed to open the door. I was trying to figure out how to put on my dressing gown. I couldn't just open the door in my underwear. As I was struggling with the robe I heard someone open the back door and say something. I realised what was going on. My wife and kids were back from shopping. My youngest must have rung the doorbell as she loves to do and now my wife has opened the door. Based on this false assumption I gave up fighting the robe. The voice then said " There's something for everyone from the post office. " I looked out the window to see the post office vehicle parked outside my house. So I shouted at my wife " Go and get it then". It seemed strange to me that my wife, knowing how ill I was would want me to come to the door when she was right there with the postman! I went to find out what was going on.
    It turned out I wasn't talking to my wife but the post woman!!! I waited for her to get her machine sorted. Signed for and collected my parcels and went back to bed. It was only afterwards I realised the whole time I was with the post woman I had nothing on but my underwear with my robe in my hand, making no attempt to cover myself up.
    The next time we meet could be a bit awkward.

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

13. richgem

It's probably not the first time it's happened to her. At least yours was accidental. And who knows? You may now be "very popular" at the post office. :rofl:

14. richgem

And that, boys and girls, is how @Slipperyjoe got on a Danish postage stamp. :eek:

15. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I went to bed at the usual time and slept right through it (as I do every year). I don't know if that is keeping it classy per say but even if I didn't keep to the letter of the law I kept to the spirit of it.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I was feeling a little crazy last night and stayed up until 9:30. p.m.!

17. RaZorBurn123

There's nothing like waking up to automatic gunfire at 12:45 am. Safe & Sound..:bang:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

I had you beat by an hour :happy088:

Bama Samurai and Troy M like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

In bed around 9:15 last night, as is the norm.

20. richgem

In bed at 10:15p

Bama Samurai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.