How's Your Day? January 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The house is back in order, so I finally got to use the new stove, to make a cheese omelet. It came out perfect and the flat grill top makes it easier to handle pots. Tonight I will bake some chicken & test out the oven.

I got a new gizmo today, called the Cricut Maker. It’s an electronic die-cutting machine. This version also cuts fabric, which will make for precise, consistent cuts for small sewing projects, like squares for patchwork quilting. My next project will be a bow-tie for my stuffed monkey. (I made him one but now he wants another one.)
    0F94521F-A4FB-4DB6-9071-EAA1F70E97F4.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    RaZorBurn123, Frijolero and richgem like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got to use the gizmo this morning. I love it! It made clean, precise cuts with a consistency I rarely achieve any other way. I will do the sewing later. Once the project is done, the bear & monkey will model for you. (They just love the runway!)

Update- Their new duds are done. Tucker and his pal Misha Bear are ready for a night on the town;
    EB43D7F6-C62E-4F38-97B0-7D9951AB548E.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

If "A Christmas Story" were set in Canada...

IMG_20190125_132700.jpg

oscar11, brit, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

How’s my day ?

Suddenly strange, of all things.

I wanted to sign up for a PIF and checked my profile page to make sure I met the trophy points criteria. I noticed my age listed as 58 which is correct. If you would have asked me my age I would have told you 58 but for some strange reason that number looked odd. I can’t seem to remember it saying 57. It seems the last time I looked at it, it said 56. I don’t know what happened to 57. And I’ve been telling people for awhile now that I’m pushing 60 but it didn’t really seem like it until I saw 58 and realized I don’t ever remember seeing 57.
    It’s like I’m in the twilight zone or something.
    Does this seem strange to you as you’re reading or do I just seem strange? Have you lost track of time today?
    I think I might need to have a glass of milk and get some rest.
    Or maybe listen to Talking Heads “Once in a Lifetime “

How did I get here?

brit, RaZorBurn123 and Frijolero like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That happens to me daily, my mind says I can do it, my body says stop thinking about it.
    The years creep by like the rising sun, see ya on the other side.

brit, Intrigued and John Beeman like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was most productive. As I hoped, I got to the hardware store(I LOVE hardware stores), the supermarket and the archery range.

This evening, my husband needed a storage bag for some small items. So I made one, in no-time flat. I used the bottom segment of a t-shirt, leftover from one of my appliance covers. I cut it to size, sewed around 3 sides, leaving the t-shirt hem as the top. Then, I just used the snap pliers to put 3 snaps on and voila! Threading the machine took only slightly less time than making the bag did. I love quick, fun projects like this.

richgem and Frijolero like this.
  7. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

It was cold today. I expect to be in the -20's around here in the winter but we're expecting temps to dip in the -36 degree range over night. Throw in a 30-40 mph. wind and that's cold. It's been a while since we seen this kind of temps.

Frijolero likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Like much of New York, my goal f0r the day was simply to stay warm. This is one of those days I am truly grateful to be retired.
    So I stayed in, did some light exercise and some sewing. (I made numerous mistakes, but thankfully, they were the sort that could be hidden by turning the work right-side-out and ironing it.)

Frijolero, richgem and Erik Redd like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

makes me wonder, just a little, what they did with the 4th hoof?

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The bad news is that my furnace had to pick this week to misbehave. The good news is that the service company has already been & gone and the repair was fairly inexpensive.

richgem and Frijolero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.