How's Your Day? July 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by micah1_8, Jul 1, 2013.

1. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

A couple of books that I did the cover art on are going to be available in paperback soon, I'm going to Galveston soon, and I'm actually getting a bit of work done today, though I feel zero motivation. (Seriously, what can a guy do to make himself work? inB4:get off the internet)

I've neglected typing a letter to my typewriter pal for about 2 months now... I suck at correspondence. I've got a buttload of unpleasant work to do. Going gluten-free has been one of the best things I've ever done, though I still have the occasional down day.

Picked up the Complete Brisco County Jr. series this weekend, and I've been playing the heck out of some Red Dead Redemption, lately.

That pretty much catches all of you up on me. How's your day?

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It's July!!! Yay.

My windshield caught a rock on the way to work this morning. I have a chip right in my line of sight and need to get it fixed.

Woohoo.

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Mine started great! I did my 5k race with my sister. Clocked in at 35:43, so I'm happy! (Wanted to be around 35 and 7min pace) My wife and girls were there to cheer me on so it was awesome! The chiropractor in site was pretty sweet too!!!

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Except in Texas. :D

5. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

:think002:

So, what time is it in Texas, then Mr. Connecticut Penguin?

6. richgem

1975, roughly. :D

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Happy Canada Day to those that it applies, and if it does not, well have a happy evening anyway.

lradke likes this.
  8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

well, that explains....something

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Bah, humbug

10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Actually, I wish it was. Life was good for me in '75.

11. Erik Redd

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  12. Star

Star Active Member

Today was my worst day at work...ever! It's not that anything "bad" happened per sei. I didn't get in "trouble," and nobody complained, but for whatever reason I felt practically worthless the entire time I was there.

What's this about the gluten-free thing? How does that work (for you)?

13. Erik Redd

[​IMG]

14. Star

Star Active Member

:D

15. richgem

16. richgem

Too dang hot there anyhow. :( And not even a sno cone in sight.

17. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Hot..must cool down...arrg...melting...

18. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Today had to be one of the worst in my life. My wife and I spent the morning with a very close friend. Our friend had to make the decision to remove her father from life support. We stayed with her while her father passed. Very very sad situation. Something I hope I never have to go through with one of my family members. Upset me to the point I had to spend an hour with my own Pastor afterwards.

19. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

That must be very hard, BigT. Life's challenges never really end, do they?

20. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

I had sort of a rough day with my daughter. SWMBO is out of town on business, it's day 5 out of 11, and the little one is fed up with mommy not being around. She fought me every step of the way with every little thing we did today, giving me ample opportunity to practice taking a deep breath and counting to 10. Being solely responsible for a 2 year-old is a lot of work, and I have a lot of respect for all the moms out there who do this all the time, partner or no.