How's Your Day? July 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You just need to let your ears grow...
    upload_2018-7-22_12-19-7.png

Enjoy the trip!

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks!

Erik Redd likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just finished a 2-day tournament- the Garden State Games, in Montclair, NJ. I shot a personal best of 897 (0ut f 1440). My second day was much weaker than my first , as it tends to be, for me. I had fun and took second place in my division.

Paul76, Slipperyjoe, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  4. richgem

Flight delayed for an hour and got selected for extra screening.

5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

My day pretty much sucks right now. I was banned from one of the areas of another shaving website for posting a political item. All it was was a picture in their "Picture Tag" section. No commentary. I had apparently had some political discussion with another member about 8 months prior so they banned me from the Barbershop section. Not willing to accept that, like a fool, I created a second account. This morning I find I am banned from the site. I was pretty prolific so I'm not a happy camper this rainy morning. Who knows? Maybe I can get banned from this site as well. Clearly I'm an idiot. And feeling sorry for myself. This being my first post, I guess I'm not off to a great start here either.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Erik Redd likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Day began well-the maintenance man came early to fix a couple lighting problems.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Man, that stinx-both actually.

richgem likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Stick to shaving talk here, you should be fine. I'm with you on rain.....doesn't help my mood much.

MntnMan62 likes this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You found a great place. Glad to have you. I have strong political views, but have chosen to limit other's exposure to them on TSD. This is a shaving site that I actually go to to ignore that stuff and just enjoy talking razors with my friends. Think that way and you will find this is the best shaving related forum out there.
    Have fun!

Paul76, Paul Turner and MntnMan62 like this.
  10. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Thanks. You won’t find me talking politics here. I’ve learned my lesson. I won’t be creating other accounts either. Learned that lesson too. Just looking to talk about shaving, music, coffee, food and cooking, and any other subject that happens to be on prople’s minds.

Paul76 and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

It's getting hot these days..time to pop a cold one..:D
    [​IMG]

Intrigued and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. richgem

So, it finally got above 35F, then? :p

Intrigued likes this.
  13. Slipperyjoe

I had to look up the Fahrenheit to answer..that's just above freezing right? But yes it's hot here..not for long though. My brother might need to take out his snow shoes in a week or two..you never know.

14. richgem

Yes, 32F = freezing.

It's never too soon to tune up the snow shoes.

My friend in Winnipeg was complaining that he had to put on long pants yesterday because it started to get chilly. I was afraid to ask what he meant by chilly.

15. Slipperyjoe

Lets just say that he might be thinking about his snow shoes...

16. richgem

Eek

17. Slipperyjoe

If you're in any of the northern Canadian territories the summer isn't that hot, but southern cites can be really steamy. The Canadian winter though does live up to it's reputation...

18. richgem

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was busy; it included a chat with one of my Afghan students, a visit from the Verizon repairman and making 80 rolled beeswax candles. Then, thanks to heavy rain, I needed to go an pick up my husband, when train service was disrupted.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

You'll like this @Sara-s....I had a nice workout at the gym today, although most of it was my Tai-Chi class. One of the moves we do is "shoot the arrow"....y'know like your friends the 3-Stooges do :)). And you too, of course. I like that one....great arm movement for both arms. Course there's no "un-tuned guitar" music when we do it, as there was when the 3 Stooges did it lol.

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.