How's Your Day? June 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had my first outdoor archery lesson & sighted out to 50M (tournament distance.). It was productive & enjoyable.

Erik Redd, AGHisBBS and Intrigued like this.
  3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Got word today that funding fory hearing aids came through. I spoke to my audiologist and they are ordered! I should have them next week!!!

This is a confusing thing for people that know If have SSD, so the aid on the left picks up sound, and transmits it to the aid on my right, so I can hear it through that ear!

I'm so excited!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Congrats @lradke !! Enjoy the improved hearing!!! BTW, what is SSD?

lradke likes this.
  5. lradke

Single Sided Deafness

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thank you for explaining.

lradke likes this.
  7. richgem

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got out for an early shoot today & was pleased to see some dads & kids shooting together.

Paul Turner and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. richgem

I just had a close call with my washing machine. I just finished a load of laundry and found big chunks of a white porcelain-like substance mixed in with my clothes. Bewilderment led to panic (what broke?!) which lead to experimentation. The chunks fizz in vinegar. Therefore, lime scale! (probably). Currently running an empty load consisting of all the vinegar I could find in the house. Ugh. But, it beats buying a new washer.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Frijolero, wristwatchb and Erik Redd like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Bummer, Rich. Hope you don't have to replace the washer or spend money on a repair. Great idea to perform the vinegar test and cleaning. You might also disconnect and check the water hoses for build-up. While you got 'em off, replace 'em with some new hoses that have metal braid on the outside (if they're more than 5 years old). It's a very bad day when you're away from home and a washer hose bursts.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  11. richgem

Excellent suggestions Charlie. Thanks!

After the vinegar wash I did a Clorox wash and everything seems to be fine. At least, the chunks dissolved and washed away and no new chunks have been found. So, fingers crossed.

I never would have thought this would be an issue with a washing machine. I mean I descale my Keurig fairly regularly. You think I would have put two and two together. Also surprised at the size of the chunks in the washing machine I mean easily inch and a half Square.

Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm glad to hear of no more problems, Rich! Those are some pretty large chunks, and I'm now wondering if it could be a build up of detergent residue particularly if you use powder. The newer washers don't use much water, and I tend to add too much HE liquid. If you run across another white chunk, you might check to see if it will dissolve in water like a detergent; however, I bet you got it all with the vinegar / Clorox wash.

richgem likes this.
  13. richgem

Thanks, I'm glad too. It would not be great for the current budget to have to replace a washing machine. I don't think it's detergent buildup, but it is possible. I use liquid detergent, but who knows what the previous house owner may have used. I'll definitely investigate further if something else shows up.

wristwatchb likes this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Thanks for asking. Brand new cutting edge fast charger died while I'm conveniently overseas and unable to return/replace with Amazon. Aaaaaaarrrgh.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just returned from Colorado late last night and I'm glad I had today to get a few things done before the week begins. Still on mountain time a bit.

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Took my two summer dress-jackets to the dry-cleaners this morning, then went to the P.O. for my held fanmail. Off to the gym in a while.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. lradke

Picked these little guys up on Friday last week. They make a world of difference!![​IMG]

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

About 2 months ago, I had ordered a small tree on eBay. It never showed & my money was refunded. Today, it showed up in the mail. It looks green & healthy, so there is no way that it has been sitting in a post office for 2 months. Baffling.

19. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I pick mine up in the morning.

AGHisBBS and lradke like this.
  20. lradke

I have the cros system because of bring deaf in one ear. It's nice to hear more again.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.