How's your day? March 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

So, I've been scouring the intertubes and the roadsides for a dirt-cheap car for driving back and forth to work. I want something fun, though. I'm thinking vintage VW beetle, or something. Looking to spend less than $1500, so I know it's going to have to be a really special find, and it's probably going to be ugly as heck. Anyway, if you spend enough time in kregzlist, you start to notice that it's hard to sort by price, because people (usually scammers and/or dealers) have a bad habit of posting expensive cars for $1 just to get them caught in searches. Every time I come across that scenario, I can't help but think of Robocop:
    [​IMG]

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097:

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Our oldest son and his girlfriend will be arriving from San Francisco later today. Our second son has his girlfriend from Austria visiting for a month and he has really wanted his big brother to come and meet her. We've kept the visit of our oldest a secret and are looking forward to a wonderful surprise. Our youngest son is almost giddy with anticipation to have his big brothers and his new favorite girls here all in one place. Mom and I are a little excited as well.

#2 and Gabi
    IMG_1021 (Copy).JPG

#1 and Yizhen
    IMG_0702 (Copy).JPG

The three brothers!
    IMG_0444 (Copy).JPG

5. Robyflexx

Troy that's fantastic! I hope you guys have a great time. Seems like the boys aren't as enthusiastic as you about DE shaving...:happy102:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Troy M

#2's girlfriend prefers a shaved face, so he is shaving again - at least while she is here. #3 is going to have to start soon. #1 is in full on hipster urban lumberjack mode.

7. Robyflexx

We all had fazes Troy, they look like good happy young men and that's what counts. :)

macaronus, RaZorBurn123 and Troy M like this.
  8. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Been in the hospital since Weds. Any prayers are welcomed.

9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Everyone in my house has been taken out by the flu. So it's been interesting...

Aside from that I have started an Internet Marketing program to generate some extra income. I'm a student of some of the best IM guys in the world! I'm excited by that..I was up past 1am this morning studying. It's exciting stuff and seems pretty easy. They emphasize of selecting a niche and localizing the service to a specific city or neighborhoods (wherever in the world...but keep it local). So something like "dog groomers midnapore Calgary" (midnapore is a neighborhood in Calgary)...that way you don't compete with the huge global agencies if you just search " dog groomers". It's so simple...yet genius. I'm excited to finish the training and getting the ball rolling on my end.

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sorry to hear that! :( I really hope you get better soon!

11. Robyflexx

Prayers for your speedy and complete recovery my friend. :)

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Best wishes for a return to good health.

13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Woke up early & had a cup, then off to Napalm Motorsports for a new rear tire. They had the wrong tube, so I had to scoot over to Cycle Gear to pick up the right one. Back to Napalm, walked to Subway for a turkey sammich, then to Supercuts to shed about ten pounds of hair off my head. Grocery shopping, moved the plants out of the garage (I reckon it won't freeze again 'til next year), goofed off, and now waiting for my gal to get settled in before bedtime. Working 0600-1200 tomorrow, so it'll be an early night. Gonna be mild in the morning so I'll ride, and let the birds crap all over my car. But, I have a $33 Pep Boys cover, so let'em do their worst.

[​IMG]

14. Troy M

[​IMG]

The gang's all here! Much fun and laughter is going on!

15. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Looks like fun. Every time Scott Mckenzie comes on the radio I remind myself I need to go to San Francisco

Intrigued likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice, Troy! Its great that you have the family together. Time to pass down the Weber? :)

17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Get better soon. Sending prayers.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Get well soon!

My prayers are with you! :)

19. Hang in there. We are pulling for you and praying for you to get better soon.

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. Happy for you and your family :) Looks like you are all having a great time together.

Troy M and Robyflexx like this.