How's your day? March 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you. This thing doesn't prevent me from working out(at the gym)or naturally walking aroind),but I've had to wear a warm sock over the foot for sleeping.

White731 and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Paul Turner

:-(, well, I hope you are able to find some temporary comforts.

Queen of Blades and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Paul Turner

ahhh, good.
    White, I meant to add, glad yours eased up.

macaronus, White731 and Robyflexx like this.
  4. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Thank you. These days I wake up expecting aches and pains to let me know I am still alive. lol

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Uhh..., the CT comment is directed @PLANofMAN , right?:)

Queen of Blades likes this.
  6. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

CT stands for?

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Custom Title. As in "Psychiatric Help 5 cents."

Queen of Blades and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Dale Schmidt

Dale Schmidt Active Member

My days are simple, now that retirement has begun. I am happy to say that my day is going well. I am looking forward to a long shower and a great shave this evening. I am also waiting for a package to be delivered, but other than that, I'm looking forward to supper.

RaZorBurn123, Erik Redd and Robyflexx like this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well I just went and did it! I started up my new venture. My company website is fstopseo.com and what I am offering is SEO and lead generation services to professional photographers.

The site isn't much, but I threw it up in the last few hours...the only thing I don't like about it is the dumb slash at the bottom of the page. I can't figure out how to get rid of that in the HTML. Other than that I think it looks pretty good! :)

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Really sorry to hear that, JoAnna! Sending prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery and over-all well being! Anything we can do to help?

The site looks neat, Luke! And it doesn't have to be huge at all. Gotta start somewhere. :)

As for the slash: Check your CSS file (twentysixteen/style.css?ver=4.4.2). Line 2392-2398:

.site-footer .site-title:after {
    content: "\002f";
    display: inline-block;
    font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif;
    opacity: 0.7;
    padding: 0 0.307692308em 0 0.538461538em;​
    }​

Add "/*" to the line above and "*/" to the line below:

/*
    .site-footer .site-title:after {​

content: "\002f";
    display: inline-block;
    font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif;
    opacity: 0.7;
    padding: 0 0.307692308em 0 0.538461538em;
    }
    */​

Done. :)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

As for me: yesterday the tram museum I do volunteering work for, opened up for the new season. And since one of the steam engines was riding, I was allowed to hop on as apprentice stoker. Had a blast! Both the machinist and the (real) stoker said I did great, especially for a first timer! Woohoo! I can't wait for the steam machinist course to start later this month! Check out the video they made (nice occasion to brush up your Dutch! :D ). Luckily I didn't come into view or the video might have been totally ruined! http://www.rijnmond.nl/nieuws/139810/Trammuseum-Ouddorp-nu-groter-dan-ooit

11. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Trying to get over this bug that went through our house. Tuesday was spent very close to the washroom, shivering and sleeping. Yesterday I went to work but I'm weak as a kitten. Feeling a bit better now but still no appetite, don't even want a coffee!

RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hope you'll feel better soon!

Spud likes this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thank you!

macaronus likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@lradke simple,clean - I like it. Zechariah 4.10 implies we are not to despise the day of small things.

@Spud hope you're felling better.

macaronus and lradke like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very nice video/place! Looks like a good place to volunteer.

macaronus likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congratulations!

PLANofMAN and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Well, a few days ago I replaced the alternator in my Nissan Altima...today the battery died at 5:00AM when I tried to crank on the way to the gym. I've been here before, almost certain my alternator went bad without warning and the Yellow Top kept cranking on reserve till it burnt itself out. I don't see myself paying another 170 bucks for a Yellow Top so going down to Sam's and picking up one of these: http://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-agm-automotive-battery-group-size-34-78/prod3590233 :)

18. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Thanks! I may have a question for you regarding this in the near future. ;)
    Thanks a lot! :)

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, that's just what I was going to say ;)

macaronus, lradke, swarden43 and 2 others like this.
  20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm perfectly happy with the custom title I have, thank you. I wouldn't want anybody to be getting their neuticals in a twist.

As for the forum's future, I for one would be okay with advertisements if it was a choice between that and shutting it down.

Another option you might want to look into is having the advertisements show only for general browsers of the site. They wouldn't show for signed in members. That is how the ECF (ecig) forum works.