How's Your Day? March 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

As others around here are so fond of saying; "Pictures or it didn't happen".

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'd be embarrassed to display my work, especially now that it's blown out and melted but...okay. Hold my beer.

(gotta wait for it to warm up later...71° yesterday and now 46°)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Someone find the fast forward to 1800 button please. Grrr dayshift. Almost as bad as shaving with a cart. Almost.....

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Down here saying "hold my beer" draws a crowd. Specially when the next statement is " and watch this...."

AGHisBBS and gorgo2 like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

"Y'all ain't never gonna believe this...."

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is the start of a redneck fairy tale. Or most any fishing story.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

So yesterday the cat managed to incredulously wedge himself between the top of the DVD player and it's stand..a gap of probably less than 3 inches. I specifically narrowed this space to prevent this very thing from happening..Dusty must have been picking up tips from his buddies over on the cat Internet. The mandatory dislodging proved quite a task and he didn't relent easily..probably all part of the modus operandi he picked up on line. It seemed to take forever with him hissing at me and throwing punches. I prevailed in the end, but barely got out alive. I personally think there's a cat conspiracy at work in order to undermine the home furnishings industry..ya just can't have nice things..:eek:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. richgem

See, in order to beat the cat you have to think like the cat. Next time just run the can opener and it will come running.

9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I'm doin alright! Got all three kids out of the house for the night. Hallelujah! My wife's in good humor, and she made a quiche. We'll have some over due time together. We work on opposite schedules, so we've been like two ships passing in the night for months now.:chores016:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    wchnu likes this.
  10. Slipperyjoe

I already used that one to get him out from under the bed. The cats have a frighteningly efficient on line intelligence gathering system and don't think that's gonna work again...

AGHisBBS, richgem and MR41 like this.
  11. RetLEO-07

IMG_0242.JPG North Carolina Monument adjacent to the Virginia Monument. The last paragraph was very interesting. Virginia's role is very much emphasized, but that last paragraph is very telling; "Thirty Two North Carolina Regiments Were In Action At Gettysburg July 1,2,3 1863. One Confederate Soldier In Every Four Who Fell Here Was A North Carolinian"
    IMG_0241.JPG View of the Union lines from the Virginia Monument. "The Copse of Trees/High Water Mark of the Confederacy" roughly in the center of the picture. IMG_0240.JPG The Virginia Monument, Seminary Ridge.
    Home from picking up my youngest at Gettysburg College. As you can see, I took some pictures.

George X, AGHisBBS and MR41 like this.
  12. richgem

Hmm... well this is a very difficult case then. This calls for drastic measures: I recommend leaving Chinese Take Out menus in all the places that you do not want the cat to be.

RetLEO-07 and wchnu like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

:eek: :happy097:

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I Been good. Did not get banned today. Go me!!

mrchick and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Squirt gun.

16. Slipperyjoe

Steve I don't dare do something like that. These cats are powerful creatures and with access to a fully supported, vast on-line cat data bank, brimming with effective attack and retaliation strategies..last time I tried something like that I got my hat peed...

17. richgem

Have you considered changing your wifi password?

sol92258, AGHisBBS and Slipperyjoe like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You need a cat yeller. Whispering does not work on a cat you know.

19. Slipperyjoe

:happy102::git:

20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Just finished a moonlight snow shoe hike at Lake Tahoe. It was beautiful!
    [​IMG]

Intrigued, George X, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.