How's Your Day? March 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sorry to hear this @PanChango .

PanChango likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Going to an interview ... please pray.

lradke, AGHisBBS, Intrigued and 3 others like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good luck @Enrico !
    Good news..sort of. I went to the doctor about my knee. The knee implant is intact & I do not need surgery. I do need some physical therapy, but I don’t mind that too much.

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I hope all went well.

I know it can be difficult to read sometimes, but how did you think it went?

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a good workout at the gym tonight, but I'm still not ready to resume to my normal routine. A lady suggested I see MY doctor, just to get medical "input"(if not treatment). She's the second person at the gym with such a suggestion. I'll follow through on it. Back to lower body only for the next couple trips. Then will call the doc, if things feel the same. Maybe PT down the road for me, too. We'll see.

AGHisBBS, Sara-s and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

First thing first ...

@PanChango, I'm very sorry for for your loss! Pets turn from the dearest of friends to the closest of family. It often seems unfair that we out live them and they ever have to leave us. They break our hearts twice ... when they come into our lives and when they leave.

God bless!

@Sara-s take it easy on your legs ... you only have two. Listen to your therapist and no more kick boxing. Please heal quickly!

As for the interview .... I was surprised to find out that I knew two people that work there. That could be good or bad. The interview lasted an hour with three people; it seem to go well, but I've been fooled before. It's in God's hands.

AGHisBBS, Sara-s, richgem and 2 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Facepalm_5524da_296441-2.jpg

lradke likes this.
  8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Many thanks regarding Gunnar. He was my buddy and the only one of my 3 that was actually nice. The other two are jerks (but I love them anyway). He tore an ACL about a year ago and was in decline since then, but wasn't in any obvious pain and still eating until he passed. He was an adult when I rescued him in 2008. I volunteered at the SPCA and Gunnar was literally taken out front and thrown in a city trash can by a teenage girl that no longer wanted him. Luckily a police officer saw it and saved him. I just think of the 10 years we had together. :)

I wish for the best regarding your interview. You never can tell, just hope for the best and keep pounding pavement until the right one comes your way.

If you need some Love, pm me your address and a puck of Soap Commander Love will be headed your way.

Sara-s, AGHisBBS, BaylorGator and 2 others like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Good news, much better than surgery

Sara-s likes this.
  10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Did my first numbers repaint on a Slim yesterday.
    2018-03-27 11.12.58.jpg

lradke, PanChango, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. rmcintyre84

Sorry for the news. I'll be praying.

lradke likes this.
  12. rmcintyre84

Just saw this. I'm so sorry. The loss of a beloved pet can be debilitating.

PanChango and Paul Turner like this.
  13. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Nicely done! How’d you do it?

14. rmcintyre84

I used q-tips to apply Testors model paint, making sure to get it down into the numbers. I let it dry a bit, then used q-tips and Testors paint thinner to remove the excess. I learned the technique from someone on TSD few years ago, but I can't remember who. He uses the same technique on brushes.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    BaylorGator and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. rmcintyre84

Getting ready for a great weekend. Saturday is my wife's birthday. Unbeknownst to her, her sister is flying in Friday night. Several friends are helping me with the surprise...picking her up at the airport, getting us out to dinner, etc. We have dinner reservations Saturday night at a place we've never been, and lunch on Sunday at The Beaumont Inn, one of our favorite "special occasion" places.

richgem, Intrigued, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I just got official evaluated (ie: by a real person, not a computer test) as being CEFR Level B1 (ie: lower intermediate) in Dutch after not quite 2 yrs of self-study. #happy_penguin

@macaronus @Eeyore

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OK, what’s Dutch for “mazel tov”?

richgem likes this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thank you!

And to answer the question: hartelijk gefeliciteerd (heartfelt congratulations) :)

Sara-s likes this.
  19. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Man I can REALLY sympathize :(

[​IMG]

PanChango and Erik Redd like this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

gssixgun likes this.
Thread Status: