How's Your Day? May 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, May 5, 2020.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

Intrigued likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Ole! We had a fun Cinco de Mayo with Waldo the Cinco de Mayo hippo. He loves to sing holiday songs.

richgem likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today I must report some sad news. One of my husband’s colleagues lost her fight with Covid-19 this week. She was always kind & helpful to him.

4. richgem

Sad news indeed. My sympathies.

Sara-s likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm torn between wanting to know if this is real, and dreading the idea that it may be.

[​IMG]

And now I can't sleep.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sorry, I didn't see that before posting the duck thing. Very sorry for the loss, how old was she?

Sara-s likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@gorgo2 thank you. She was in her 50's.

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That is truly sad news.

Sara-s likes this.
  9. richgem

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm alive!
    I've had the worst luck lately. Three weeks ago I was playing with my grandkids and tripped, I ended up falling on my bed, the right side of my body landed on the bed as my left side went to the floor.
    I instantly knew I broke my shoulder, I heard and felt it snap. After trying to figure out how to get up I made my way to the ER, at the ER a nurse was shoving a giant Q-tip up my nose and scraping the bottom of my brain. :)
    After a set of x-rays and a couple of pain pills I found myself at home trying to figure out what the heck happened.
    I've got 3-4 weeks more weeks of wearing this sling and then physical therapy.
    I'm not sure how many more falls I can handle. :angry032:

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I wish we'd get knocked out before they do the C-Virus swab test. Sorry that happened to you Kerry(the shoulder injury that is)

12. Paul Turner

I'm sure I'll see a funny sign like that at my gym when things re-open. Who knows, maybe THAT will be IT.

13. Paul Turner

That's sad, Sarah...why does it have to happen to the kind&helpful ones?

Sara-s likes this.
  14. richgem

Thankfully, they are pretty good (the members) about reracking at my gym. While we do have some college kids, we don't have a lot of boneheads. And even the big guys are usually pretty thoughtful toward other members.

15. Paul Turner

We used to have real heavyset guys who would slam the weights down on the floor as they finished. I think they finally got the message that is it not nice to do that. Haven't seen them in a year or so.

16. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

When I was lifting weights, I never understood why some people wouldn’t, or couldn’t re rack theirs.
    You’re in the gym to lift weights!
    Some people’s children.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was a pretty good one. Hubby & I had a nice breakfast & then went out for a morning shoot. Later, I finished sewing a batch of masks (to donate) and then cleaned the lint out of my sewing machine. I will mail that masks out tomorrow.

18. richgem

They are the same people whose mommy/girlfriend/wife followed them around cleaning up too. Clothes hamper? What's that?! Or, at least so I guess. Other people just never get the idea that it's a shared space that should be kept nice/orderly for the next person. Common courtesy isn't very common anymore.

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

20. richgem

PanChango likes this.