How's Your Day? November 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Nov 3, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

:)

2. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

busy and cold:Animatedfrozensmily:

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Took the day off for "mental health" :scared011: or was it because I'm still waiting for the plumber? Well, either way, I made a batch of blueberry biscotti with lemon icing and a batch of Italian cookies with anise icing for Thanksgiving. Now I need a nap. :signs062:

(Plumbing issue, btw, isn't serious. Just a slow leak at one of the connection joints in the main drainage pipe in the basement.)

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had a few errands to run, earlier in the day. Later, I spent some time embellishing an apron with some embroidery. (This is to be worn a quilt guild events, so I embroidered my name and a pic of a sewing machine on it.)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    AGHisBBS, brit and richgem like this.
  5. richgem

Plumbing issue turned out to be very minor. Bad seal around the base of a toilet. He was done in 1/2 an hour. w00t

6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Good thing he found the bad seal, they can be trouble...

upload_2019-11-25_20-31-44.png

AGHisBBS, brit and richgem like this.
  7. richgem

Yep, gotta coupla Eskimos interested in that guy's hide.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Sara-s like this.
  8. richgem

Well, I just got a text confirmation for a class that I'm taking tomorrow in conversational Dutch. Slightly nervous. But, I discovered a language school about 40 minutes away that offers Dutch classes as well as one-on-one instruction (in addition to the more usual languages). I signed up for a couple of one-on-one sessions to work on listening comprehension, speaking fluency, and accent since I really haven't had much audio-verbal practice.

For those not following the saga, my instruction has been on line and mostly self-taught (with lots of help and patience from @macaronus @Eeyore and the LimeCat* with duolingo as an intro and a dutchpod101 tutor thrown in). As a result, I have an Intermediate (CEFR B1/B2) rating for reading and writing. But, writing notes to people gets to be inconvenient in person especially with my handwriting. LOL.

In case anyone is really interested, this all started here and is ultimately @RyX 's fault. ;)
    (Video NSFW especially if you speak Dutch, German, or have a good ear for cognates)

In any case, Wens me succes! (Wish me luck).

*IRW friend who's bilingual.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It was a nice afternoon, so I went for a shoot in the park. I had some company- a dad with his young daughter & son. The kids were well-behaved & followed good safety procedure. All of us had fun.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Got my car gassed up for going to my sister's tomorrow(and her husband). I've heard it said that the day before Thanksgiving is the busiest road-travel time of the year. I'd say Thanksgiving MORNING itself is a challenge to that.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  11. richgem

I survived class without making a complete fool of myself! :bounce015:
    But... there are definitely some Dutch sounds that I'm not hearing correctly and therefore not saying correctly.
    All-in-all a very good first class tho and I feel confident going forward with this teacher.
    Edit: She thought that I had a good vocabulary and I understood almost everything she was saying to me.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  12. brit

brit in a box

happy thanksgiving Paul.

13. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..:D

richgem likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So are you saying you made a partial fool of yourself?

Intrigued, brit and richgem like this.
  15. richgem

Basically. :D

Intrigued, Sara-s and brit like this.
  16. Paul Turner

For you too, Gary.

brit likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

That's like half of a marriage.