How's Your Day? October 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Oct 3, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

Does this pumpkin make me look fat?​

2. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Yes

brit likes this.
  3. richgem

:(

brit likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Happy October little penguin! I like your Halloween costume!

It’s raining lightly today- good for my Bonsai, though it will be time to bring the tropical inside soon. I am back from my sewing class. Finished a project and began the plan for my next one. This will be interrupted by my cataract surgery, which is a week from today. I’m not worried; I just want it out of the way.

5. richgem

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

brit, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Tomorrow is the big day- I get the cataract in my left eye removed. So today, I went to get a haircut (OK, I got all of them cut-LOL). I am also doing some more work on the top of quillow (that’s a quilt that folds into a little pocket the size of a throw pillow). . I have 2 of the 3 big blocks sewn. With a little luck, I may be able to finish the whole top today. More on that later.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. richgem

Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly.

My only accomplishments today are a gym workout and some soon-to-be ready bone broth that I've had simmering in the crock pot for about a day and a half now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Hembree, brit, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I managed to finish sewing the top of the quilt today. (It’s a 4’ x 6” lap quilt) I will finish the rest of it in my sewing class, when I have more room to work.
    2FED497D-20DC-40C7-A69D-94617D78C2CD.jpeg

Hembree, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Had the cataract surgery yesterday. Left eye still kind of blurry, as it is still a bit swollen. Doc says this is normal. More when my eye is better.

Hembree, brit, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I hope your cataract surgery results are as good as mine was. My vision improved markedly afterward.

Hembree, brit, Intrigued and 2 others like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks @Erik Redd I am improving a bit each day, though my vision is still a bit off (but noticeably clearer than before the surgery.). I went for a little drive today, to the bank & the bagel store. It was fine;; I could judge distance, read the road signs and tolerate the sunlight with no trouble. It’s nice to get a bit of independence back.

Hembree, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. richgem

14. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Ahhh, @Sara-s san! You likee bonsai, huh?? Me too! Have taken a class or two from a really good bonsai artist in the area, before he retired and moved to Florida. Fellow named Randy Clark, I think it was, who ran The Bonsai Learning Center located at the time on the north side of Charlotte, NC. Have tried a few, but was never able to equate what I saw and read to the sucess I wanted and lost interest, somewhat. Do you have pictures of some of your success stories?

Sara-s likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Off to a rather annoying start....I was at the dentist to get two fillings-and just when he was about to get started the office bldg. power went out due to a nearby fire. Doesn't appear to be a major one. Thererfore, here I am at home all numbed up for nothing. We'll have to do it all over again.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Here are some of my better ones;
    Dwarf Alberta Spruce
    37FDFB36-DCBD-4528-AD1C-0A5EDD3EF3F9.jpeg

Natal Plum
    45E78539-77AC-45B6-9883-0E1EA4B68721.jpeg
    Ficus
    AA8A92E4-3047-43F0-9276-4EB9852334B7.jpeg `

Intrigued, brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  17. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Looking good! While my eye goes to connifers in a bonsai, I must say that ficus is coming along well.

Keep it up.

The only thing I have going at the moment is a pitch pine, or "Jersey" pine. My sister in law, who lives at the edge of the "Pine Barrens" up there, literally went out there and pulled up 2 small, non-cultivated, seedlings. Sent them down here by a family member who was driving down with the Jersey soil still clinging to the roots and in a plastic shopping bag. Long story short, I put them in pots and lost one. The other while not dying, was not looking good. So, I took it out of the pot and set it in the ground. It struggled for about a year and a piece, but it has since taken off and is not close to 6 feet tall and the trunk at the base is ball park of 1 1/2 inches in diameter now. And as you know, one of the tricks of bonsai is to give the illusion of age where it doesn't necessarily exist. I've been thinking of digging it up and potting it and start working it. The bulk of the resulting growth is on one main side giving it a good start to a windswept look. Haven't mae up my mind yet.

Later and good luck with the trees.

Sara-s likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You have some good ideas about the pine. Let me know about it progress.

brit likes this.
  19. MVeeI

MVeeI Well-Known Member

Good thing he hadn't started drilling.

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes....It was my "nine-lives" day.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.