How's Your Day? October 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am back from the ophthalmologist. My vision is getting a bit better each day. My eye still has some healing to do, but it is doing as expected. Without glasses, distant object are a bit blurry, But I can see well enough to drive.

I am now allowed to do a bit more, but still not overdo. So I can go to my sewing class tomorrow, but pulling a 38-pound bow is not OK yet. So, since I will just go nuts if I can’t shoot, I bought a very light starter called a Genesis bow. The bow weight less than 3 pounds and pulls from 15-25 pounds. It was also on sale in the color I liked best, on Amazon.

Here’s Jenny!
    7C8FB1C6-F0EA-4F3B-BACB-649B6A0372B2.jpeg

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Made beef stew for tonight and made three and a half dozen meatballs, sausage and ground beef mixture, for the weekend and the freezer.

brit, AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had recently learned that there is Quilting Guild here on Staten Island. So I went to their meeting today. They were a warm, welcoming group that does loads of charity work, such as making quilts & pillowcases, for kids in hospitals and for wheelchair-bound veterans. From these folks (mostly, but not all women) I can learn a great deal, as well as serve my local community.

I have already designed my first baby quilt for their December drive.

Intrigued, brit, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I resecheduled my dentist appointment-next Tuesday A.M. They were set to do the drilling for the fillings(does that rhyme? chuk yuk yuk) a couple weeks ago, then the power went out. I thus spent the next 3 hours numbed up with novicaine(including eating my lunch, which was rather weird.). We'll just try again next week.

brit, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Work has been hectic!
    Little man is growing up so fast, and will be 3 months old on the 30th of next week.

Intrigued, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Had a little scare yesterday. I was seeing flashes of light from my left eye. (This can b a warning sign of a detached retina) I went to the ophthalmologist’s office ASAP. Thankfully, my retina is fine

Today, I am starting on making to baby quilts for a local charity drive. (Gives me an excuse to sew stuff as well as doing some good.)

brit, Paul Turner and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. richgem

Phew

brit and Sara-s like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

had that happen a year ago in my left eye also..bit of laser surgery .thankfully all good..

Sara-s and richgem like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My doctor has discussed the laser treatment with me as well (i.e. for a detached retina, but also for persistent floaters.)

brit likes this.
  10. richgem

tmp388401164036603904.jpg Just make sure they point the laser in the right direction!

:innocent

brit, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today’s been an interesting medley of activities. In the morning, I finished sewing the top of a quilt. Later, I assembled some arrows (they arrive as shafts and other components, such as points, that may need to be glued in.)

In the afternoon, I got an estimate for nw sofa cushions. It’s amazing how many shops I had to call before I got one where a live person picked up and spoke to me.

Erik Redd, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very good.:)

Sara-s likes this.
  13. richgem

Pardon us, have you any Grey Poupon?

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

richgem likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Now that it's after Halloween, zombies should no longer be answering the phone.

Sara-s and brit like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday, we went for a shoot and then, to visit my mother, She took us out to dinner, for our anniversary and for my husband's birthday, which is tomorrow. The food was good but there was one sort of odd thing. Mom & my husband's orders ( both seafood) were pretty normal-sized portions. My veal Parmesan was (rather than the thin cutlets I expected ) a giant veal chop. We were starting to joke about it actually being brontosaurus chops, it was so big. It tasted great, and will again, for about another 4 lunches.

AGHisBBS, richgem and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

happy anniversary..:)

AGHisBBS, Sara-s and richgem like this.
  18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

AGHisBBS, richgem and brit like this.
  19. richgem

Sorry, I got confused by the whole daylight savings time thing. I thought it was fall back a day.:ashamed001:

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and brit like this.