HUGE razor lot on ebay!!!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rollsshaver, Feb 7, 2009.

1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

There is an enormous razor lot on eBay right now. I think it is ending in a few hours too. Looks like a super nice collection of everything from cased adjustables to SE's and even brushes. There are nearly 100 razors in all. There is even one of the books about vintage shaving stuff. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this. Could be an excellent investment, IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=110345336321

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

is your son 3***e? (current high bidder) I have been trying to figure out who that is.

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I am pretty sure I see an a Rhodium Executive in there.

4. rollsshaver

No way!! Between the two of us, we have three times the collection as that one. His SN on every site is the same anyway, jfever311. I have seen that 3***e around alot though. Mostly bidding on razors. whoever it is has outbid me on a few things. I wonder if it is that mewjte dude from B&B?? He gets all the good lots like this one!!

5. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

indeed, as well as a cased president, Executive fatboy and some other great razors.

6. rollsshaver

After looking very closely at all the razors shown in the pictures, and knowing the values of most of them. I would easily estimate there is probably $2000 worth of razors there, by todays values. I am tempted to bid on the frickin thing!!

Nahhhh................

7. rollsshaver

I just talked to him. He said he has gotten outbid by that" blankity-blank-bleep-bleep" a few times himself. So, it is most definitely not Jason. One thing is for sure though, Whoever it is will soon have a bunch of razors up for sale on the different forums!!

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow. I get sad when I see lots like this up for sale. A great collector probably passed away.

So how high will Scotty bid?

9. rollsshaver

Honestly, I am most likely going to put a $1000 bid in soon. If someone else wants it, let me know though. I do not wish to step on another TSD'ers toes........

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Go for it Rolls! I'm excited for you. I have to live vicariously through others on eBay these days.

11. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Go Rolls! Seriously if you win, I would be interested in buying the President if it is in nice enough condition if you didn't want it for yourself. And possible one of the fatboys if one happened to be a D1 date code.:D

12. rollsshaver

Of course, the actual bid will not be place until the closing seconds of the auction. I am a jerk like that................

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Well, did you win?

14. rollsshaver

Nope....

I had so much crap to sign, stamp, initial, and otherwise mark for them to let me out of that frickin' hospital, I plum forgot about the auction. Oh well, hopefully it went to one of us..............

15. ssilcox

ssilcox Member

I actually picked it up. That president is what peaked my interest. I'll post some pics when I get the lot.

Glad I didnt step on any toes here, I would have been bummed if I found out I beat someone out of it. Pretty excited to see the lot in person though.

16. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Looks like you got quite the deal on it!

17. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I just beat him out on a 40's Rocket from down under. He had a bid in early. I was looking at his feedback as a seller and saw that he only sells blades and blade wrappers on ebay and he was making quite a bit from that. there were a couple that sold for $50 for like 5 blades:eek: I don't care about that part, but outbidding us with absolutely no intent on keeping anything pisses me off. I'd have a nice cased #15 a few months ago if it wasn't for him getting the seller to buy it now for $50 after I was watching it:mad:

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

But hey, you are out... YAY!

19. brothers

brothers Active Member

Somebody got the lot for $586. Was it you?

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The winner identified himself in the thread already.