Hugo Boss

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Robert1955, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Anything by Boss is good by me, also use Jasper Conran as a daily aftershave.

Robert.

CrustyCat and brit like this.
  2. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Ppffttt...meant to be in scents/ cologne

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I really like Boss by Hugo Boss as a cologne. But I admit that when I use an aftershave I tend not to use a cologne. If I stop with just the witch hazel then I'll use a cologne.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Do you ever use any "Aftershave&Cologne"s?

5. MntnMan62

Well, I use Pinaud Citrus Musk which is labeled as an "aftershave/cologne", Lime Sec which is labeled a cologne, Aqua Velva Musk which is also labeled "aftershave cologne". I have Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve which is labeled just cologne. Notwithstanding their respective descriptive names, I place each of these in the same category as aftershave. They all seem to disappear fairly quickly, except of course the Pinaud Special Reserve. I may be wrong in applying my one categorization to these elixirs but I'm the boss of my pajamas and can do what I want. Sorry about that little break from reality. So, anyway, that's how I look at these. I do have the Hugo Boss cologne as stated and I also have Nautica Blue cologne and Eternity Aqua cologne. If find all three of these to be much stronger with much longer staying power than any of what I am calling aftershaves.

6. Paul Turner

Are you sure about the labeling for Clubman Special Reserve? Mine says "Aftershave Cologne". Doc Pinaud's Citrus Musk is one I may try in the future. Do you use that one mostly in the warmer months?

7. MntnMan62

My mistake. Special Reserve is Aftershave Cologne. I use the Citrus Musk all year. I try and pick an aftershave that will compliment the scent of whatever soap or cream I've used for my shave. But, you are right. I tend to use Citrus Musk and Lime Sec during the summer.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Y'know, that's interesting....the name "Citrus Musk" does suggest it could be a year-rounder. Having said that, I don't think you can say the same about Aqua Velva Musk, as to me the musk greatly overpowers any Aqua Velva that's in there(I guess we have to admit that there is SOME, huh :). As you do, I try to match aftershaves with soaps/creams, and usually I find good matches, however I have to say that with the Reveille soap from RegimentGear, I had to take quite a while to figure out the best match(I came up with our friend Clubman Special Reserve).The Reveille was PIFed to me....never heard of it before, but it does its job well. Like Stoylin(and I suppose a few other companies), they make soaps that have popular scents. I think the Reveille is the exception, though.

Frijolero likes this.