Hydrogen Peroxide and/or Witch Hazel as after shave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by jbcohen, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Use some iodine just once and they will never complain about HP again.

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

just to clarify, I would never use hp on my face but on wounds I do it all the time.

Raf

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Be a man and do it. :rofl

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

If my only two choices were HP and Velva I would go for the HP at warp speed:D

Raf

5. Will

Will Nevermind

:rofl:rofl:rofl

6. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

I use PH + WH (the cheapo drugstore brand w/o Alco) as a gargle. 50/50 ratio.

Works great. Kills everything nastee 'n wat it don't kill off , it whitens up real gud.

Sounding like at least a dual use combination. Am definitely gonna splash some on as a A/S....Can't believe I hadn't thought'a dat already...

THANKS for a great idea

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

it will destroy bacteria and anything else with time.. ;)

When Nightmare got hit by the car, he chewed my hand up pretty good.. I used hydrogen peroxide since I wanted to be with him and not go to the hospital. The wounds were cleaned... (it was pretty nasty to start out with) but as time when on and my hand healed... most of the skin came off in the area's that I used the HP..... It worked real well... but I would never put this on my face...

8. DMS

DMS New Member

I have a bottle of the Thayers WH with Aloe that I like to use on days when my neck gets irritated from shaving too often or too aggressively or with an edge that's not up to snuff. It feels sort of thick/oily to me though so I rinse it off after a moment, pat dry, and then apply one of my usual alcohol based A/S lotions.

When the face is a little raw that witch hazel makes it feel better fast.

9. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I had Jasons Witch Vera a long time ago. I forgot about it, but I liked it alot. I'll have to buy somemore now.
    I use Thayers witchhazel and aloe. I ussually put it on after a pass from the alum block. I finish shaving, rinse with warm water, rub on the alum block, rinse with cold water, dry, and apply the witch hazel.

I actually added a few more ingredients to the Thayers because I didn't like the smell. I added lavender and peppermint essencial oil. I like the smell and the cooling feeling now.

10. CatMan

CatMan Member

Interesting!
    I tried to blend generic WH with aftershave/cologne. Works as expected in giving you the best of both worlds to a certain degree. I tried it with
    a) Stetson Cooling Moisture (unfortunately discontinued): works; nothing special.
    b) Paul Sebastian: This blend is really special. Imagine you pour a light yellow liquid (PS) into a clear one (WH) and you see as you pour it, it immediately turns milky white. I thought that was weird and left it alone for a while. After about two days it cleared up to a just a little foggy state, separated oil at the bottom. Still, after shaking up and using the blend as aftershave, I liked it. The WH scent was almost gone and the originally overpowering scent of PS was now just right. I count this as a success.

Anyone else tried to blend things with WH?

BTW, my blend was 2 parts WH and 1 part AS.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Klaus!

12. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Welcome Klaus!!! Good to have you here!

Part 2-
    I've read many uses for Hydrogen peroxide
    including -Hydrogen peroxide can clean your toilet bowl to a sparkling shine. Just pour in a cup of peroxide and let it sit overnight. Swish the toilet clean in the morning. The bowl will be germ free.

............but nothing about using it on the face.........

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey there, Klaus, welcome to the Den :eatdrink004

I have mixed Witch Hazel with stuff (but not colognes)

For example: grapeseed, jojoba, almond, avocado oil

I do mix it with aftershaves, only to the extent that my aftershave will often get applied over a layer of witch hazel.

14. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

YEP !

WH +
    *TabacEdC
    *MusgoReal AS
    *Pinaud Special Reserve AS

Works great for "cutting" various products.
    You can make your own AS from an EdT or tone down the burn or "Stickyness" of an AS.

Witch Hazel is a very big part of my routine.
    Would NOT be without it.

15. CatMan

CatMan Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, despite my failing to introduce myself. Where are my manners?!? Sorry folks!

Some of you may recognize me from the other forums. I'm relatively new to DE shaving (< 2 months), but have shaved wet with various cartridge units for some 30 years. Never liked it. It became much better when I started using real shaving soap and my first badger brush (CC) about two years ago. Then recently I stumbled over Michael's (LG) DE shaving instruction, started shopping for DE shaving and was hooked. Life is so much better now. Is there any better way to start the day than with a decent DE shave? No, don't answer that! It was a rhetorical question! :D

This seems to be a great forum with very nice people participating. Thanks for having me here!

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Glad you could make it over.

Welcome Aboard. :cool:

17. CatMan

CatMan Member

Interesting! I'll experiment a little more in this direction. I've a shipment of Thayer's Rose Petal WH on the way. Is this stuff useful as is, or do I need to blend it with something? Can't get anything in the stores here on this island. Thanks to the Internet I can survive, but whenever I order something, it's a trial and error thing.

18. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I fairly often use one of the Thayers line for an aftershave---including their aftershave (the witch hazel w/ aloe vera that is specifically denoted as an aftershave --- 20% alcohol).

19. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I also use Thayers RPWH but by itself as a toner / sealer right after the shave.

WWR
    CWR
    Witch Hazel spritz.

When I mix I use generic (no fragrance added) witch Hazel.
    I believe it to have 10 - 20 % alcohol so that works nicely in the mixes.

20. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I use witch hazel as a replacement for the alum block.

Also good on soothing itchy insect bites and other minor skin irritations.

As for HP on the face, real men use sulfuric acid. :p