I am done wasting my money.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark, Mar 6, 2015.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I wanted a progress so I bought one, well the infamous merkur QC issues were there. I bought a shavecraft 101 and hmm I see a few blemishes. I am done wasting my money.

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm not done wasting mine =P

3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Well I am done wasting mine, actually I am throwing every thing out that is terrible quality. the ikon and the merkur.

4. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

It is PIF month...

Matt0210, Carbide Mike, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  5. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

quote for truth

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Buy Above The Tie..... Top notch! Super quality! 30 day warranty! Stan the owner will let you trade the razor in for another one if the one you bought isn't right for you. Who else stands behind their product like that? No one.

7. Omelmad

I think that is a good situation to be in. Now you can finally start saving money =P if you are throwing away your ikon, you can throw it into a small box and throw it in the postoffice with my name and address on it =P it a perfect place to get rid of shave gear ;P

Carbide Mike, Dubs, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Merkur has quality control issues? That is unfortunate. I would have thought that a German made product would be top quality, like the Muhle razors.

Carbide Mike and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

What is "PIF month"? Can't things be PIFed year 'round?

Carbide Mike and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm flexible. :)

Carbide Mike, Dubs and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Omelmad

Yes they can, but during PIF month(March) many members dig deep and usually PIF a lot of great gear. And I mean a lot =P go over to the market place and take a look =)

12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mark, to be honest, this frustrates me too. My 37C is a great shaver, but it certainly has visible cosmetic flaws. I wish it was a plated brass razor, too. Just look at my SOTD photos, and you'll see what I mean. I enjoy it for what it is, a tool that will eventually get "used up." Seeing the old, well-loved vintage razors reminds me that most folks back then probably only had one razor. For them, it was another tool to be used and then passed on to a son, etc. So, in the spirit of my new wetshaving "hobby," I'm trying to adopt that same attitude and just have fun with it.

I struggle with the temptation of always wanting the next new thing. I have a handful of razors and brushes. I could pare my "collection" down to a couple of razors and brushes, and it would be just as much fun in the long run.

Maybe God is showing you and me through this great hobby of ours that "things" are not all that important. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm being serious, I understand how you feel Mark, when I bought my RazoRock Stealth Slant I said that would be my last razor, I found my razor! Well guess what? It's aluminum, the cap threads are starting to show signs of wear. I'm really careful when I put the handle on so I don't cross thread. My only solution was to go with something that was made of high quality stainless steel. With ATT warranty and customer service I knew I couldn't go wrong. Spend a couple bucks more, and get quality. Remember. You get what you pay for.

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You could get them refinished.

Carbide Mike and PatrickA51 like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great post. I have what I would call novelty razors. Blackbeard Revenge, Merkur, but I only buy vintage Gillette now. They give me the best shave and they are made in America.

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

We should do a mass mailing from TSD to Merkur Manufacturing plant and express our concerns. Marines have only one tactic, frontal assault. IMHO.;)

17. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I need to start picking up Marks garbage.

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

*chough* and *cough* England *cough* and *cough* Canada *cough* :innocent

19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yeah! And the pieces made in England are really shiny.

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I am done wasting my money.

If I had a dollar.... :innocent