I gave new vendor, Shave Forge a shot.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by MBShaves17, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

399FFA82-0611-45DE-A113-919B1A1B4AF1.jpeg Like many people, I was familiar with The Golden Nib and Whipped Dog for brush knots and handles. I came across through a google search a new vendor I hadn’t seen before, Shave Forge. Prices were very good and so was shipping, so I tried them. I bought a resin Handle and 24mm silvertip badger knot. Both items arrived quickly and were nice. I have to say, I am very pleased. Anyway, take a look if you’re interested. I can’t post links, but it’s just the name, one word.

Ron R, Sara-s, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm a sucker for pretty picture so I visited the Shave Forge website to look at the brushes. Good prices on nice looking handles! There's a 20% discount code at the top of the page, too.

I like the looks of this one. Unfortunately only fits 19 - 20 mm knots.
    shave forge hybrid handle.gif

3. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

I had a similar experience. Handle I wanted was either for 20mm or 24mm. I originally was thinking of making a 22mm brush, but this forced me to go 24mm. I might make a 20mm Boar, the knot price is extremely reasonable even before the 20%.

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cool sight may give them a go during brush season....

MBShaves17 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I ordered and received six knots from Shave Forge a couple of months ago...four boar and two synthetics. Im pleased with the feel and setup thus far, and will be handcrafting handles for them soon.
    I, too, ran across them randomly Googling knots. I see them on the bay for a couple bucks more each but with free shipping.

Keithmax, MBShaves17 and RyX like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Nice stuff and great prices.

MBShaves17 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this new vendor. Congrats on your purchase!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  8. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

Used it to face lather Proraso Green cream this morning. Great feel on face. Soft tips but enough bristle rigidity to feel some exfoliation. Made lather easily without hogging it up. Will try harder soap later this week.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for the info. I couldn’t resist putting in an order. Pics when I get it. BTW, how was the shipping time?

10. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

I’ve ordered twice from them. Both times the order was made during the weekend, both times I had my order on Wednesday.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks. That’s helpful.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I ordered a handle & 24mm silver tip badger knot last week and got it early this week. The handle is stunning and has some nice heft to it. The knot is soft & pleasing, though not quite as silky as my Whipped Dog knots. Still, it lathered up very well & my legs came out smooth & soft. Here are pre- & post-bloom pics;
    408D0484-EE9A-4A4D-B3D9-59699CF66AF1.jpeg
    93DEEAAB-9770-45F9-BACD-7800FAAD89DD.jpeg

Ijustmissedthe50s and MBShaves17 like this.
  13. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

Nice looking brush. Glad it worked out. I made a boar using another one of those handles. Definitely solid feel to them b

Sara-s likes this.