I got two more DE razors....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by UnklGus, Jun 28, 2009.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

So i know that there are both Gillette but that is all I now about them... can anyone tell me about them? What type are they? both are one piece and one of them is an adjustable. Paid total of $10 for both of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

Gus

2. Truckman

Truckman New Member

The adjustable looks to be a Long Handle Super Adjustable, and the other looks to be a Black Tip Super Speed. On the bottom of the base plate you should be able to find a letter and number. These are what is known as a "date code." Go here to find out the corresponding dates. The letter is the year of manufacture, and the number is the quarter of that year (1 = Jan-Mar, 2 = Apr-Jun, 3 = Jul-Sep, 4 = Oct-Dec). Let us know what you got! Great finds!

3. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I was not able to find a letter or munber on the superspeed, however on the super adjustable there was 2 letter "R" on either side of the handle. Not sure if the is the letter that you are reeferring to or not. there was not a number on this one either.

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Both of them are great razors.I started DE shaving with a long handle super adjustable(my grandpa gave it to me) and it provides really good shaves.The SS is also a nice razor too.Hope you enjoy both.

5. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

I used the Super Adjustable today on a 5 setting. Got a pretty decent schave out of it for the first time. Cant wait to try the SS next!

6. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

The 'R' razor is a 1971. Those are great razors (and from a quick look, in good shape) to get for 10 dollars. Congrats on that find. :)