I had my little brother make me a scuttle.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by thinklikeh20, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I like the size of that scuttle.
    The picture conveys the size pretty well. For me at least. :) I only handle those tubs 5 zillion times a week.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

If you have pictures of the four scuttles up close we would enjoy seeing them. :happy088:

3. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

These pictures from earlier in the thread are those same scuttles. The very first one pictured is one of my favorites, my brother made it for my 25th birthday, and ill be using it tonight!

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Once again how is this insulting?

5. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

Seriously? You know that the maker of the TSD soaps is, obviously, here all of the time and is bound to see your post. You didn't even insinuate or suggest anything, you point-blank said that the problem with their lathering was the product that she makes. You insulted her and her product ON HER SITE. How can you not see this?

From what I have seen, I don't think there is anything wrong with critiquing TSD products on here, and I haven't seen JoAnna or anyone else gettting on people for negative feedback. But what you posted was just a flat-out bash of the product.

6. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Those look great. I really like the glazing on them. Your brother is rather talented.

thinklikeh20 and 93tillinfiniD like this.
  7. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Seriously how is this insulting, explain to me in a rational approach as to how me saying someone's problem is a product is insulting. Did I call it garbage? Did I say it sucks? Did I even go so far as to say its the worst soap in the world? NO.

And for the record, this isn't her site.

Here is my in depth article which features a personal interview with Joseph of RazoRock which the OWNER of TSD plastered on the front page, and where I'm basing my statement; it is no fault of mine that the LOA soaps are among the best ever produced.

I even had this to say about her.

"
    We here at The Shave Den have our very own master craftswomen JoAnna, who is responsible for creating some of the greatest hand-made products as well as running the TSD store. Given the care and attention to detail that artisan products entail especially soap, it was only natural that I broke down and tried the Linea Officina Artiana soaps, or LOA soaps as I will call them."

8. chappys4life

chappys4life Active Member

Are you going to sell these? Been eyeballing scuttles and like the looks of these.

thinklikeh20 likes this.
  9. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Great pics. I do have a question not to hijack your thread in any way... Where did you find that Wool Fat Shaving soap container? I need to find one.

thinklikeh20 likes this.
  10. thinklikeh20

Sure are! Just trying to follow forum rules and figure out the best way to handle the logistics. Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

93tillinfiniD and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Wow these are really nice, I would definitely be interested in one.

thinklikeh20 and 93tillinfiniD like this.
  12. Queen of Blades

This is my site. You can ask sparky.

13. thinklikeh20

I'm pretty sure that one came from WCS but I'm not sure of the current availability. I've heard some shavers call them expensive and unnecessary, but I really like the nostalgic look and feel of ceramic. Speaking of ceramics, thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Any chance that these scuttles could be sold through the TSD Store?

However they are sold, I want one. No, make that two. I want two.

Edit: how did a scuttle thread get hijacked into a soap bashing argument? I move that irrelevant and/or offending posts be removed.

15. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I'll second that. maybe they could take it to another thread.

PLANofMAN and 93tillinfiniD like this.
  16. Queen of Blades

I would have, but dissecting a thread is time consuming.

Irrelevant posts are never removed, though. The mods would be extremely overworked if we did.

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

OK, here's my solution. A time-out. This thread is now closed.

thinklikeh20, feel free to start another thread - perhaps "I had my little brother make me a scuttle. PART 2". And I'll ask everyone to keep it on topic of the scuttles themselves and not hijack the thread with anything unrelated. Discuss lather, fine. Discuss soaps and creams and how they relate to being used in combination with a scuttle, fine. Reviewing soaps and creams and discussing your opinion on soaps and creams should be done so in the appropriate sections: Shave Soaps and Shave Creams. Also, let's squash the sales discussions. thinklikeh20 and his brother, 93tillinfiniD, are aware of and understand we have rules as they pertain to new members and to vendors - as do most internet shaving forums. Everyone else should also know these rules as well.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.