I hope this is a joke

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Issy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Hey, seems fair to me. Only $12.75 for shipping too! :rolleyes:

I especially like the bottom of the auction. For $25,000 you'd think he could take his form template and change the word "shirt" to "razor." :D

"DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF BUYING THE SHIRT AS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO IRRESPONSIBLE BIDDERS."

3. tomholton1234

tomholton1234 Member

while its pretty, it isn't 25k pretty!

4. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

I love me some razors but DAMN! $25K sure sounds a bit steep to me. Wonder if it's shave ready.

5. gone down south

gone down south New Member

That listing comes up now as $249.99, someone must have misplaced a decimal somewhere!

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oyyyyyyyyyy, who would pay so much for a straight razor anyway? :eek: :eek:

7. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I don't know Jeff, but that's a sweet Henckels ;)

8. D Pflaumer

D Pflaumer New Member

Lets see... Thats only 10x what I paid for my first straight, shave ready, that should be coming this week... (gotta love those member restored vintage blades)

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Yeah, sorry, but even after they fixed the decimal that seems like a lot for a Henckels blade. It's nice, but it's not like there is a collectible case or hardwood scales or anything.

10. ndw76

ndw76 New Member

I think if you buy this razor for that price you will also get an authentic certificate which you can proudly display that says you have too much money.

11. goatshaver

goatshaver New Member

I've spent that much for a Henckles 2 razor set, but 1? No thanks!!

12. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Now the seller has too much money :)

13. riffin

riffin Active Member

I suspect he used the notation standard in Germany and most European countries:
    $249,99 and eBay, not finding a decimal took it to be $24,999.00. I'd say it was a beginner's error, but he's got a lot of listings and more than a few transactions, so I think it was momentary lapse.