I just purchased my last shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mr. Wonderful, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

OK, so I have a little problem. I just purchased some Stirling and LA Soaps to try. I now have 419 containers of various shave soaps and creams. I calculated that if I shave 3 times a day I should run out of stuff when I'm 168 years old. I have over 200 soaps that haven't even been opened yet.

The producers of the television show "Hoarders" called and want to feature my slight acquisition problem and my home on their program. I am a little embarrassed that I have to move boxes of razors, blades, and shave cosmetics out of the way just to find a spot to sit down in my living room.

Obviously I need some help here. I realize that buying truck loads of razor blades is wrong and that my habit of ordering "one of everything" is absurd, but I cannot help my self. Sometimes, in those weaker moments of despair, I come unglued when I realize that my shave products are on a 365 day rotation.

crackstar, snatale42, Ryan B and 8 others like this.
  2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Man, you could have one heckuva "garage sale" on the BST. It would be cathartic.

3. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I'm sure that it seems you've crossed the line.
    Maybe you have just a bit.
    But, let me ask....
    Have you purchased a second (or third) refrigerator just to store your 1kg bricks of Cella and Vito's?

Shamrock and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

This issue has come up in previous therapy sessions.

I offer the same counsel that I've given in the past.

You're not a hoarder.
    You are a wet shaving consultant and product reviewer. You just need some business cards and a sign on your front door.

Wet shaving has many variables that differ widely among users so it's necessary that the practice has men and women dedicated to providing accurate reliable reporting and critique of both product and technique. Your personal sacrifice is both noteworthy and laudable.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

And to think I was getting frustrated with having to rotate 3 razors and 6 soaps.:ashamed001:

6. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

I started down your path but realized I wouldn't finish the small collection I have in a year. I was able to stop cold turkey. That said, still drool if I read a soap review or see photos of a product that I haven't tried.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Grab one and use it from start to finish without using any other soaps. When you finish that one, do the same with the next puck.

It may take a while to sink in, but you will see how long a puck of soap lasts.

Doing this really helped me curtail my soap purchases.

maltedmilk, dscaver and Tdmsu like this.
  8. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Let us know when the yard sale is. I'd say that some of us will help you place some of those items in good homes.

9. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Put anything you have 2 or 3 of up for sale (besides blades)
    Your hoarding issue will be solved.

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

You can always give them to fellow hoarders here on TSD hint hint. ;)
    Or better yet send them to the guys on Duck Dynasty, they seem to need some shaving supplies, also you could go there a demonstrate and teach them how to Wet Shave :happy097::happy102::happy108::happy093::eatdrink047: :shaver

11. cnj01

cnj01 New Member

If you decide to lighten your load let me know!!

12. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I think it is PIF time! B-)

13. cnj01

cnj01 New Member

cool I am new to wet shaving so let me know thanks

14. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)...:rolleyes:

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I actually think you may now be entering an even more fun phase of your 'disorder' - trading.
    You have all these products you can try out..and if you don't like it..just try and trade for something you haven't used yet.
    Your cost will be kept to a minimum but you'll still get 'new stuff' :)

JBSharp and dscaver like this.
  16. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

You could do a new reality show. "Soap Dynasty"

burnout961, GDCarrington and Tdmsu like this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:rofl: If I had a dollar for every time I said that....

Anyhow, the only solution is to have a sale here on TSD. (thus, making more room for ... more!)

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Share the soap sale...

19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I.M.O. the "ONLY" thing you need is "MORE" space, other than that I see "NO" problem!!! :happy097:

20. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

More space... and maybe more face...:happy088:

Shamrock and 178-bplatoon like this.