I Just purchased this sweet Gillette Post War Fat Handle Tech

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

It has been professionally restored nickel finish and looks great. I will add it to the collection and plan to enjoy.
    I am really starting to enjoy the vintage Gillette Tech razors. They really work well for my skin and beard growth type. I also think they are so iconic in all there variations.

Happy Shaves To All,
    Bill G

F4CA13DE-1EB7-4667-A310-BB1EE4E058A2.jpeg 65CFF47B-968B-4CA0-87BA-4FDEDDEDB668.jpeg B133EDDA-C2A5-4E6E-B52A-9C9388957FD6.jpeg CC9D3C40-0CCB-4938-8F5F-73943933E6E4.jpeg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet score :happy088:

brit and Bill G like this.
  3. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    I am also having a Pre War Fat Handle tech that I picked up that was in real good condition restored in the Matt nickel finish. instead of the shiny nickel like the Post War one above. I should get it back in about 4 to 6 weeks. I am going to display these two razors side by side.

Bill G

4. brit

brit in a box

cool score,nice shaving razor.techs are my favorites these days as well.especially for daily work shaves.:cool::eatdrink047:

Bill G likes this.
  5. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Stunning!!

Bill G likes this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Gorgeous Tech! I always said that the Techs were to the shaving world what the Volkswagen Beetle was to the automotive word.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Bill G and brit like this.
  7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Very nice!

brit and Bill G like this.
  8. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Definitely an elegant razor. Congratulations!

Bill G likes this.
  9. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

On second thought I think on the Pre War Tech I am going to leave it as is and not re-plate it. The razor is in really good shape of course the original nickel plating is aged but that adds to its 82 plus or minus years of life mojo. See pic’s

On another thought, do you ever wonder who the first guy was that owned your vintage razor? Who he might have been or how many owners it's had in its life?

Happy Shaves To All,
    Bill G

41DB948D-CF20-4A94-BAC4-DFAB8A33F0AE.jpeg 50A15E01-674B-4009-B859-FBCE0A2939D5.jpeg 5A859DE7-BE93-46DD-87B0-54B8F9C83BE5.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Frijolero, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

a polish with mothers or flitz will bring that up nice.no replate required,just tarnished.it probably had only one owner ,like most of them,more if they are collector type sets.the second owner was the seller most likely.:)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Bill G like this.