I must be doing something wrong!

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Monty Craig, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

Hi folks, I have used shave soaps up till yesterday. I bought my first tube of shave cream, Burt's Bees. I tried using a bowl, and whipping up lather, but to no avail! Alas, it was a complete failure! Therefore I am coming to you all with my hat in my hands wondering what I am doing wrong.... anyone want to help me out? BTW- I get good lather with my cakes of soap! >.<

2. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

I could not get it to lather also, after research i found that burts bees does not lather it is more of a shave lotion than a cream. This is a problem with the product not the user.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Ah! Burt's Bees. Like APO1022 has stated, you would be far better off finding a new cream. Burt's Bees does not have a good reputation among the traditional shaving community.
    There non shaving products are really good, but there shaving products ...

richgem likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Burt's Bees Shave Cream and Herban Cowboy Shave Soap. Two of the most reviled shaving products in the history of the Shave Den. Burt's Bees is a non-lathering shave product, so just apply it by hand. Be warned that it will clog up your razor like nothing else and will leave a residue on your face. Enjoy.:)

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Burt's Bees does not lather. I tried, put it on my face, took two swipes with my razor, and promptly wiped off the Burt's Bees and re-lathered with a real soap.

6. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have to concur with everyone else here... That cream sucks. Don't feel bad, that problem is nothing Speick, La Toja, Palmolive, or TDS Wheat Cream can't cure. ;)

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

And don't be fooled by Burt's shave soap if you find any of it either. It smells amazing but you can can get better lather stability if you just use water alone, its that bad.

8. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

So! Burt's Bees is for the Birds when it comes to shaving eh'? I have been using a cake of soap my sister-in-law made especially for me. It lathers great, and is great at moisturizing my skin! I guess if it ain't broke... don't fix it! :)

battle.munky and Ryan Bales like this.