I need a summer AS

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Mitch, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Summer came to Minnesota all at once last week! One day it's 45 degrees, a couple days later it's 80! That's just how we roll. Anyway my shaving cabinet is stocked with balm to fend off dry wintertime skin but it's getting hot here fast and I can tell I'm going to need a new AS that works in the heat. I was thinking either bay rum or a menthol to really ratchet things up. Not sure if my wife will dig the bay rum? What is your favorite warm weather AS?

Llyr likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Mine is citrus based A/S like Lime (Favorite) or Lemon (PeReJa). One that I have recently found is a softer lighter Musk by Prince Matchabelli called NEW MUSK for men. This musk is lighter and seems to have some citrus and maybe vanilla which softens the scent. I use Jovan Musk more in the winter since it is a heavier fragrance. Since we get warm weather well before you down here, I have made the changes a couple of weeks ago.

Llyr likes this.
  3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Aqua Velva all summer long.

Llyr likes this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

M&L Florida Water. While not an A/S, as it is a cologne, it is a wonderful year-round/anytime scent that you can use while slapping your fresh shaved mug with some kind of unscented or lightly scented lotion.

Llyr likes this.
  5. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Last summer I enjoyed Stephens Island Lime a lot, and broke it out last week when the temps hit 80. It is fine by itself, but also goes well with a good menthol splash preceding it, such as Osage Rub.

Llyr likes this.
  6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

In the heat, I love some TSD Iced Peppermint (AKA Liquid Candy Cane Snowflakes).

If you're not a menthol fan, my favorite non-menthol summery ASs are Provence Sante Verlain, and anything lime.

Llyr and Mechguy like this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Sounds like a lot of folks love lime, that sounds nice to me too. Yeah the heat caught me unawares, this has been a strange year in the Northlands. Some years we're up to our knees in snow still until April (seriously) but this year people are already getting ready for the beach. Hey I'm not complaining though. Time to pack up the winter gear and get summery.

Llyr likes this.
  8. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Myrsol Aqua De Limon has a nice lemon scent and a nice menthol kick,the scent doesn't last which can be good if you're planning on a cologne or EDT.I just got some TSD ISZ splash and that's going to get a workout this spring and summer.

Mechguy likes this.
  9. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Royall Lime - Very Good
    ToBS St James - Great
    This being Texas and all, in August, Dichlorodifluoromethane stright up does the trick (Freon 12) :D

Llyr and GDCarrington like this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

I'm looking at Boosters Iced Lime and also considering TSD Sub Zero. Thoughts there?

Llyr and Mechguy like this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

How about some Barbasol Pacific Rush? One of my favorites for the hot weather.

Llyr, moz68 and battle.munky like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Unseasonably warm here, too, so this morning I used Hai Karate a/s topped with Tai Winds cologne. They play nice together and I should menth the TW.

Llyr likes this.
  13. newb

newb Resident Newb

+1 to that. You can't beat Aqua Velva in hot weather.

Llyr likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Boosters Iced Lime is a good scent. Like all limes it does not last long but it is good.

Llyr likes this.
  15. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I use Boosters Polar Ice and like it.

Llyr likes this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Superior 70 Bay Rum works for me.

Llyr likes this.
  17. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Nivea Energy A/S is nice clean smelling but not over powering and refreshing.

Llyr likes this.
  18. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Well, given Houston's climate, I have more warm weather aftershaves than cold weather ones, so I'll give my two cents. I like Aqua Velva (or anything with menthol), Pinaud Clubman works well all year long, as does English Leather, or Old Spice. Really, any splash works well in warm weather for me while balms just make my skin greasy feeling when it's hot.

Llyr likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I know many folks have "seasonal" scents with their after shaves, soaps, creams, etc. I'm just not one of them. I use what ever comes up next in the rotation, regardless of the season.

Llyr and battle.munky like this.
  20. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

AV Iced Blue
    TSD Lime + 3 drops M-Bomb
    TSD ISZ
    TSD Iced Peppermint

Hmmm - I see a theme there!

Llyr and battle.munky like this.