I need to buy one more DE razor....which one?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tim Spencer, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

ATT is stainless steel, they are in stock and you don't have to wait a year just to get on the waiting list. Maybe in brass?:signs002:

Mühle R41 or a Joris if want something aggressive.

clint64 likes this.
  2. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

The slants look RIDICULOUS! I Really like that one on the right with the finger indents. Right now you're just trying to STEAL my money aren't you?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    clint64 and Straight razor dandy like this.
  3. Tim Spencer

You know what? I give you guys a very simple task. Pick the best SINGLE razor and all you did was make me more confused. I still bet nothing beats that 1907 Old-Type, but it will be nice to try and find out if one of these does.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    clint64 and Straight razor dandy like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Seriously...dollar for dollar... That slant is unbeatable! There are only 7000 though! I already spoke with them...they will be released in September, but they will go almost immediately.

This is #1 on my radar.

clint64 likes this.
  5. Tim Spencer

That feather AS-D2 is right at the top of this list too. I value accuracy, and visibility when I shave to protect my beard lines and that Feather razor looks every bit the part of a high precision shaver and it's quite a beauty too.

Large head razors seem like they would be great for mowing down lots of growth and for when you need to shave a full face clean in a shorter time, but for me, I want accuracy, dexterity, precision.

clint64 likes this.
  6. Tim Spencer

I think I'm going to have to buy at least 2 razors and let them dual it out for the right to be in the top secret shave kit.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Blackbird. You can thank me later..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Demidog likes this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Somehow I get the feeling that you won't be able to stop at two more. Kinda like the way I first started buying razors.

Demidog likes this.
  9. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Some of these were already suggested but the razors that I've personally been most interested in are:
    • Charcoal Goods
    • Gillette Fatboy (especially a refinished one from Delta Echo)
    • Rockwell 6S
    • Blackland Blackbird in matte black
    • Wolfman
    • Feather AS-D2
    Charcoal Goods focuses primarily on handles but they do sell heads as well, although they aren't stainless. The laser engraved logo looks great though. Those are the razors I'd pick up if money wasn't a huge concern, although a Fatboy can apparently be found for dirt cheap if you're really lucky.

tuxxdk, PickledNorthern and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. Tim Spencer

I want the Ikon Slant in chrome. The current B1 model is only in black. I can't tell in that picture if it's a match to that Maggard MR5 handle. It's important to me that they at least come close to matching in color.

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You can get the Ikon x3 slant and matching special edition satin stainless steel handle. There are some pics of the combo in the Ikon X3 thread

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

tuxxdk and Demidog like this.
  12. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

my next razor is going to be the parker adjustable, only problem is i dont know when it will be available and for what price.

13. Tim Spencer

Yeah, but the X3 slant is not nearly as wicked looking as the one in that instagram post. I want to wait for that one for sure.

14. Tim Spencer

BigMike, Demidog and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

These are all good ideas. I would add a FaTip piccolo and Alumigoose.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yep, two more razors might not be enough. Too many choices.................

17. Tim Spencer

I don't think you're helping to narrow this down.

18. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

How about a Merkur 34C HD? I feel like any razor collection is incomplete without what is considered by many to be one the best DE razors ever made.

19. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

On the other hand, the one from Instagram is zamak, whereas the iKon is solid aluminium. Huge difference to me, negligible to other.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  20. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Haha! @Tim Spencer I am keeping a very close eye on those maggard slants. I will let you know when they are available my friend.

barbersurgeon and Tim Spencer like this.