I ordered this, but got this instead.

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by ninjack, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I was on Ebay last week looking at vintage straight razors and found a Thiers Issard Spartacus up for auction. I had been wanting one so I pulled the trigger on it and won the auction. After waiting a week it finally arrived at my house. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get the package open. After cutting open the envelope and unwrapping the bubble wrap, I opened the box and pulled the razor out to have a close look at it. The first thing that struck me was the fact that the little gladiator on the scales was missing, on both sides. When I opened the blade, it didn't say SPARTACUS on it, instead it read World-Master Special. Okay, it was obvious I was sent the wrong razor. My heart sank, I really wanted that Spartacus. I sent a message to the seller to let him know he sent me the wrong razor, but haven't heard back from him yet. I don't know if he sent the Spartacus to someone else by mistake too or what happened, but I guess I'll wait to hear back from the seller to see what went wrong.

In the mean time here are some pictures. One of the Spartacus I ordered (taken from Ebay). The others of the World Master I got. Does anyone have any info on the World-Master, I have never heard of the brand.
    SPARTACUS-1.jpg WORLD MASTER-2.jpg WORLD MASTER-3.jpg WORLD MASTER-4.jpg WORLD MASTER-5.jpg

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I wouldn't wait too long before opening a case on that jack wagon...sounds fishy to me. :)

3. ninjack

Yeah, the first thought I had was I had been taken on this deal. I paid $53.40 Plus $17. for shipping, it was sent from Quebec, Canada. I sent a message to the seller yesterday and will wait a little longer to see if he responds. Hopefully it was just a mistake and he will contact me and fix it. Not sure if this World Master is worth $72. but at least it is in good shape.

battle.munky and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Good luck, keep us posted. :)

battle.munky likes this.
  5. ninjack

I will. Hopefully I'll hear something from the seller today.

battle.munky likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

"Never attrribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Probably just an oversight. They do look a little similar. I don't know the value of the world master, but it looks to be in nice shape. If he did mix up and send yours to someone else, maybe ask for a partial refund?

7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It looks like your seller may have sold the World-Master for $7.85 plus $17.92 shipping and swapped them in shipping. Is this your seller?
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/322014859892

8. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

His feedback score is acceptable, but OMG, look at the comments he leaves buyers that write negative reviews! :shocked029:

BeShaved, battle.munky and Robyflexx like this.
  9. mrchick

10 negatives in the last year isn't acceptable in my book. Looks like he might be a nutcase from his replies.

10. Robyflexx

I was thinking the same thing...the guys a nut job! :happy097:

battle.munky likes this.
  11. ninjack

Yes, that's him. I thought he might have sold more than one razor and mixed them up in shipping. I haven't heard anything back from him yet, I'll message him again tonight if he doesn't respond. I'm actually starting to like the World Master razor, so if I'm stuck with it, it won't be so bad. I can't believe it only sold for $7. plus shipping. I wonder if the guy who got my Spartacus is going to be upset.

12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I wonder what kind of a mess Canada to US shipping is going to make it if you have to send it back, and if the other person is in the same situation.

13. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I did this on some stuff a while back, and was able to get the two buyers to ship to each other, rather than back to me, and then me ship them out. It saved time.

14. ninjack

Yes, I'm affraid it probably won't be worth the hassle involved. I may as well just keep it and consider it an honest mistake and learning experience.

15. Bussemand

746 positive and 7 negatives, 3 of which are from the same buyer, 5 of the 7 negatives are about late shipping/items not arriving. I'd take the chance. He does sound as if he has some anger issues though :rofl:

16. Bussemand

You're giving up to easily. Message the seller through eBay - If you don't hear back from him or if he won't resolve the issue, you should at least get the difference refunded from PayPal. It's $45!

17. Robyflexx

Exactly! That's a good chunk of change! Why should you pay for his mistake? You didn't receive what you ordered..hell I'd go for a full refund.

BeShaved and battle.munky like this.
  18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

His responses are epic! What business person can cuss out every customer that has an issue, and still sell stuff? Too funny.

19. ninjack

I sent him a message yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. I'll try again tonight.

20. mrchick

If he doesn't reply, I would open a case as well. You have a refund coming if he doesn't produce what you bought. If he wants it back, it should not be at your expense.