I picked up a RR Slant!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blanka, Nov 21, 2014.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Managed to grab a RazoRock Stealth Slant today! I'll post pics and my impressions once it arrives and I've had a chance to test drive it.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    znice_razor.png

blanka likes this.
  3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Congratulations on snagging those elusive razors! :)

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

5. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Congrats! I have been using mine as my daily driver ever since I picked it up two months ago. Hope you enjoy it. It likes an angle with the handle closer to your face (steeper) than the standard shaving angle. It also does better with smaller strokes.

6. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Nice, wondering how aggressive it is. Enjoy.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Silly question - but do you also feel that you need to rinse it quite often? I probably have to rinse the head twice as much during a shave as I do with any other razor. It seems to 'clog up' quickly :)

8. VedderLG

Absolutely. I find that if I'm active with the rinsing that I get a great shave. If I don't rinse often, the performance of the razor is not as good.

9. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

Favorite blade to use with RazoRock Stealth Slant?

10. VedderLG

So far, Rapira PL

Mr. Droid and ps1160 like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Please share your thoughts and pics. Congrats on getting the slant.

ps1160 likes this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Congratulations!

13. VedderLG

To those who want one, the V3 aluminum has been up all day on IB. Longest I've seen them up there. Maybe the price ... Now $75 for razor alone.

14. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the Razorock Stealth Slant

I am only 5 shaves in with the RRSS; 3 with a Feather blade. Today was my closest shave ever with no skin irritation. Once I figured out that the razor performs best with the handle nearly parallel to my face, I solved my neck issues.

The RRSS is the best razor I have ever owned, and will likely hold that title for at least a couple of days when my Mongoose is scheduled to arrive. Even if I love the Mongoose, the RRSS is still likely to remain the better value because it is half the price.

There isn't much room for improvement over the RRSS, but here are a few potential areas for improvement where the Goose could overtake it as my overall favorite razor:

1) Efficiency - the Goose has a wider head and blade, so it should take fewer strokes for each pass.

2) Tight areas - the RRSS has a thick head, making it tough to get hair right under my nose. I also have challenges just under my bottom lip with the Stealth.

3) Look and feel - I really like the look of the RRSS, but I like the look of the Mongoose a bit more. Plus, the RRSS is very light, and I prefer to feel a bit more weight as I shave.

What I know right now is that I am extremely pleased with the RRSS. There are a few minor areas for improvement and I am anxious to see if the Mongoose nails them.

20141206_203638~2-1.jpg

VedderLG, RaZorBurn123 and Darkbulb like this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I would never be able to shave with this razor. It's too thick. I have some curves on my face, around my chin area and a chin dimple. I would never be able to clean that area =P

RaZorBurn123 and Mr. Shaverman like this.