I Take a Fall

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Jayaruh, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pay attention, because I probably won't be posting or checking back until sometime next week.

About 1 pm today, I was attempting to put some leaf guards on the top of my gutters. I am officially stupid. I attempted to stand on the top of the ladder, and it tipped. Gravity took over, and I fell the six feet plus my height to the ground. I fell on my right side and lost most of my breath. I took stock of everything and rolled over to my back. I found I could not extend my left leg. About that time my wife comes out. She had heard a big bang from the ladder hitting the house. She saw me and said she saw my bloody face with blood running down into my ear. She was very supportive and right away wanted to call 911. I told her to wait. After about three minutes, she went ahead and called. I could not extend my knee and knew I could not get up.

EMS arrived and evaluated me. They asked where I would like to be taken and I told them Pardee which is local. She had to get permission because of my age. I heard her say she had an elderly man who had fallen from a ladder. Well, she got permission. We made it to the ER. They took xrays. Turns out I broke the plateau of my tibia, tore my quadraceps ligament, and displaced my knee cap. Then they did a cat scan. It looked bad. There was no one local who could deal with my trama, so they got permission to transport me to Asheville Mission Hospital. It is very nice here. Got here about 10:30. I am settled in now.My youngest son came up from Simpsonville SC. My oldest will be coming Sunday and staying the week. I will have surgery at 7:30 in the morning. I would appreciate all of your prayers that the surgery would go well and that I will eventually make a full recovery. It has been quite a day.

This is David and me. I am pretty happy.

[​IMG]

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

God has already been so good protecting you thus far. I am praying for you, and my family and I will continue to pray for you and yours.

:angelic013:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

You have my prayers, just hope you have a quick recovery.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

4. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

Good that you have folks around to be there for you Jim. Heal up and visit with us when you feel up to it.

5. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Geese man what a tough SOB!!!! Hope you feel better man!!! You’ll be in my thoughts!!! Get better soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Our prayers go out to you and your family. Get well soon.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

7. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Men and ladders :rolleyes005:

Especially older men who refuse to let age slow them down! :rolleyes:

Well, at least you are still alive and fixable. Your noggin seems ok :happy088:

I am sure your Op. Will be fine if a little sore afterwards.

I imagine Mrs J will now ban you from the gutters! :ban:

Safety moment: Always, Always have somebody foot a ladder for you. They are a huge cause of accidents and are (rightly so) banned on most construction site where possible. Also, Never ever!!!! Stand on the top rung of one.

Basic ladder safety!.

Yes you are stupid but also lucky and alive, so it looks like God is not quite ready for you yet! :)

Get well soon :)

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

I hope surgery is successful, Jim and you make a complete recovery soon. Take care.

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm praying for your full recovery, Jim. Praise the Lord that you are surrounded by family and excellent medical care. Take care of yourself, my friend.

RaZorBurn123, Intrigued, RyX and 2 others like this.
  10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

12. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Goo-bloomin' Stankster

Wow....
    Horrible fall.
    You are in my prayers.
    Get better soon.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My best wishes to you on your surg and recovery. I'm glad your family has been(and will be)visiting you. Good luck with everything.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Glad you are ok-ish. :)

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Hoping for a speedy recovery Jim.

Intrigued, stuartganis and Enrico like this.
  16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Get Well Soon!

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Oh my goodness, Jim! Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. Looks like you're in good hands.

18. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Yikes, very sorry to hear. You and your family are in my prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery @Jayaruh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Don't get yourself down. I don't do well with ladders either. I go up easy, coming down is usually faster than I like. That sudden stop is what gets you. You get well and will be praying for you.

20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Could have been alot worse Jim. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Intrigued, kjbarth and stuartganis like this.