I thought I wanted it...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Feb 23, 2022.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

So this listing sold really high for the seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234428491620?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I wanted the case for a no notch aristocrat I have, was willing to go 50.00, sniped it at 101 at the last minute thinking I would get it for somewhere in the 50's. Closed at 103.00. Sorry if it was anybody on here. 103 is alot to pay for a mismatched set. In this case I feel like I got lucky.

2. brit

brit in a box

the blue /white cases seem harder to find,especially in good shape.if a guy had a mint'crat to put in it he could still make a bit,and sell what looks to be a decent contract tech.i have a mint crat that had a damaged case with nice liner.i waited for a nice case/crap worn razor and built up my set.the blade banks are rarely if ever worn.:)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. jay_gatz

That’s what I was looking to do. I believe the blue cases go with the No notch aristocrats, which is what I have. That case was pretty nice. But the blue appeared a different shade than I’d ever seen. Perhaps the lighting?

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

quite possible..all the small cases like that one are for no notch models i believe,as the bigger/later cases used the quick load blade dispensers with the notched razors.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If someone had a bid in for more than $100, it was a collector who wanted the case, has a razor for it and knew how rare it was.

A flipper probably would have bowed out earlier.

Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol this flipper did exactly that. Haha. It was waaay out of reach for me.

Old School likes this.
  7. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

OP,
    What is the point of this topic?
    If the price seems high for you it may just be right for someone else.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Personally i dont see the issue. Its a topic he wanted to discuss, I thought the same thing he did, so I for one was glad he created topic and I was able to read and engage with you, him and other members.

9. jay_gatz

Umm. I don’t know. It’s a shaving forum for people to talk about shaving and shaving gear? We talk price on the Rolex forums all the time and no one gets upset. Sorry about that.

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Don't sweat it ..... I think a lot of prices on razors are ludicrous. I'm like the sound that a little bird makes ..... CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!

:eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

:happy097:

brit likes this.
  12. Jorvaljr

He may have been the one who bought it and took offense. But i dont think you should apologize for it.

13. jay_gatz

It’s all good. I scored the other one that was out there today. Just adjusted my strategy. I was looking at the first one as just a mismatched set and underestimated how many shaving nerds are out there. Anyone need a short comb common bar handle…;), or instructions for an open comb aristocrat?

14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Instructions would be nice................

Aztecmike likes this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

I might be interested in the instructions for an open comb aristocrat. :signs002:

16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Sorry Jim, I think we were both responding at the same time and I didn't realize you had posted interest in this item. I shot @jay_gatz a pm requesting to be sure to contact you first regarding these as I know you do a lot with the instruction sheets. :eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I just want to make sure of it's dimensions. It's yours for your razor

18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome. Thanks Jim.

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.