I Want Luxury.......

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by poppi, Sep 21, 2019.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Please recommend which creams y'all think meet that criteria.

Open to any/all suggestions and thanks in advance

2. brit

brit in a box

truefitt and hill..

Shaver X, BigD, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

:signs011:

Just tried T&H this past week. Awesome.

Or...Castle & Forbes. Geo F. Trumper. C&F 1445 is a nice fragrance, somewhat subtle, but eloquent. If budgeting, maybe ToBS, or Proraso.

Then there’s what some call croaps from artisans. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CK6 formula or any of the Wholly Kaw line are two of my favorite.

Between Gary’s recommendation and the one’s I listed (with all the fragrance variations), I could be content for the rest of my years. But that’d be a little boring!

Hope that helps a little.

BigD, johnnyflake, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Hemingway Accoutrements. Mic drop....

Boojum1, BigD and brit like this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I'm probably the wrong one to be suggesting anything, but for me;
    Proraso Single Blade Line.

b1hart, johnnyflake and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

fantastic soap line..the best proraso imo..

BigD and johnnyflake like this.
  7. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

You may think this is a joke, but it's not. Without consideration for a classy scent, the classic & inexpensive Palmolive Shave Cream, in a tube, will give you one of the best shaves you can get!

BigD and brit like this.
  8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Castle Forbes for me.

BigD and brit like this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Yep.

My best ever shaves are with my cheapest razor, brush and soaps (Arko/Yuma)
    Price does not truly equal performance.

Robert1955, brit and BigD like this.
  10. Campion

Campion Active Member

Luxury on a budget: Razorock's Santa Maria del Fiore.

11. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

On a budget, Castle Forbes - if you dole it out a tub will last a year and the performane is well, luxurious.

Acqua di Parma, the old version Collezione Barbiere is a light aquatic, the new version is Colonia.
    Santa Maria Novella
    I Coloniali Rhubarb or Atkinson’s for Gentlemen (same cream different scents)
    XPEC
    Dior Eau Sauvage, a notch down in performance but still much like T&H but the scent is the luxurious part of this one

brit and BigD like this.
  12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Kent cream is the most luxurious and most expensive cream I have tried.

T&H is also good.

Paul Turner, BigD and brit like this.
  13. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Even though it’s cheap, the India version of Old Spice shave cream not only smells great to me, it lathers great! O’Melhor and Top Secret shave creams are great smelling and lathering creams as well

BigD and brit like this.
  14. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Trumpers or T&H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigD and brit like this.
  15. rs_776

rs_776 Well-Known Member

I don't have personal experience with it, but Czech & Speake is some pretty high-end software.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Clubman Shave Cream is my recommendation. Goes best with Clubman A.S., of course. but I imagine it could work well with any barbershop-scented A.S.

brit likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Any of the three T's... and by extension, Penhaligon's. If you are looking for the performance without paying top $$$, the Body Shop shave cream is exactly the same 'type' (high end english) shave cream as those listed above, just with a non-offensive, gender neutral, pedestrian scent.

The only American shave cream that even comes close is Kiss my Face. KmF's scent selection is geared strongly towards female/hippy/vegan customers, with lime, mint, lavender, and sport tossed in for the boyos. Comparing scents to the English makers above, KmF is the VHS tape recording compared to the 4K Imax 3D experience.

I've yet to find a really good artisan shave cream that can equal English scents. I'm open to trying to find some though.

Shaver X, brit and Steve56 like this.
  18. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

The English scents are classics. Christian Dior Eau Sauvage cream is equally good, as is the I Coloniali Rhubarb cream (same scent as the Mango Oil soap), and of course the Acqua di Parma Colonia line. Most continental European products tend to be lighter and simpler scents, like Martin de Candre, the discontinued Savonnerie des Volcans, which I prefer for daily use. An odd one is Santa Mariah Novella cream, very much a medicinal tobacco/eucalyptus/camphor scent, but once I got used to it, never seems tiring.

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Is the Kent cream similar in smell to the Kent soap? (Kent soap is rebranded MWF, and I've been looking for a shave cream equal).

20. brit

brit in a box

cyril r salter is/has nice scents as well.great performance..for performance canadian jm fraser is fantastic..pacific shaving is great as well..