I Want Luxury.......

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by poppi, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Great stuff. I just recently purchased and love it.

Campion and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool .was checking that out .is the dead sea soap the same base ?

Smooth Steve likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Castle Forbes, AoS, DR Harris and TOBS. All of these perform great for me and they have great scents.

Shaver X and brit like this.
  4. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I think so. Soft croapy like. It is also excellent. I like the scent of Santa Maria just a bit more but that is just personal preference. I don’t think you can go wrong Gary.
    Steve

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

thank you Steve..definitely on the list..

Smooth Steve likes this.

6. Love castle forbes - check out my latest video, featuring Castle Forbes.

Shaver X, brit and BlueShaver like this.
  7. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

What a great video! Loved it.

Look forward to more.

brit likes this.
  8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The Art of Shaving creams are also outstanding performers and have scents equal to those of the Three Ts. At least they do to my nose. They are also more expensive than the Three Ts, and far more expensive than KMF. Prices on Amazon:

Art of Shaving: $25-$30 for a 150 ml / 5 fluid oz. jar
    Geo. F. Trumper: $17-$18 for a 200 g / 7 oz. jar
    Taylor of Old Bond Street: $10-$12 for a 150 g / 5.3 oz. jar
    Truefitt & Hill: $30 for a 180 g / 6.7 oz. jar
    Kiss My Face Moisture Shave: $10-$14 for an 325 ml / 11 fl oz. pump bottle (and $8 at Lucky Vitamin)

Of the first four, my vote goes to TOBS for great performance and scents at a very reasonable price.

@WildWomenWetShaving that was a very good video! I will have to check out Castle Forbes cream.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    PLANofMAN likes this.
  9. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Castle Forbes creams are some of the best bang-for-the-buck options there are. You can shave with 1/2 g, so that 200g tub should last a year unless you’re using a huge brush. It can be had for around $25, check Connaught and shaving.ie for good prices. It’s one of the most concentrated creams there are, a bit the size of a large pea will do for a 2 pass shave, maybe 3. A fellow on another forum said that CF cost about 1/2 - 1 cent more per shave than Proraso. The only downside is that the scents are rather one dimensional.

brit and DesertTime like this.
  10. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

I could also add XPEC unscented, an Italian cream. It’s not bargain basement but you can get it reasonably from Connaught, and it is 250ml. It’s an excellent cream on its own, and if you like the scented version, so much the better.

But the unscented has another use which is very useful. Many creams, like Floris, Christian Dior, etc are, like their fragrance counterparts, heavily scented. Those of us that prefer less of a ‘sledgehammer’ experience can cut these pricey creams with a reasonable unscented cream. No other cream would be diminished by XPEC unscented, and maybe improved!

brit likes this.