I would like to join H.A.V.O.C.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Luxlover, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

Gentlemen,

I assume that this means I will have to go through a probation period and continue to use the Ice Blue (which I think is great), but try the Musk and other varieties also.

Once this task is accomplished I hope to be a full-fledged member-in-good-standing.

This I pledge,

Steven

P.S. Who is the "Arch-Duke" of this exalted group?

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!

Welcome to the club :)

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Arch Duke = Trader Joe.

Welcome Aboard and grab a bottle. ::

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

NO! Don't do it!

Buy yourself a big bottle of Pinaud Clubman and leave that smelly Velva crazyness behind!

:scared001

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Ignore the unwashed heathens. Mike, go method-shave something while we talk to our new recruit. ;)

Welcome aboard rookie! Pleasure to have you on the winning side. Nice to see you're a man of distinguished taste, and of the highest moral fiber.

(Not like all those AV-haters out there) :D

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

All i have to say is.....

You are now one of the gods amongst men.

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

God of the AV underworld you mean. Might have to change TJ's CT to

"Anubis, God of Embalming and
    Guide and Friend of the Dead"

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Done !

You are in.
    All HAVOC requires is
    the willingness to submit to the virtues of the Velva and
    to swear a blood oath to the cause.
    HAVOC wont stop until all know and accept the greatness that is.....

AQUA VELVA

ALL hail the Velva !! :cool:

[vbpg]360[/vbpg]

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Just an observation: I may have crossed the line with this comment, so it's being removed (although it's been quoted below me for everyone's reference)

I'd like to publicly apologize to Rich, and to everyone, if my comment was taken out of context, or construed as anything but a harmless joke made in good faith. I think the world of you as a mod Rich... and as a great person and friend (on a personal level). I'm sorry if my continuation of the running "Aqua Velva" wars was going too far this time.

Please don't refrain from making any comments, whatsoever, about our little forum-wide joke -- or any other subject. This is your guys' house -- I'm just a visitor.

Again, sorry for offending you.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I apologize if I have offended any with my lame attempts at humor. I will refrain from posting any comments about AV in the future.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Welcome, Welcome my friend to the world's most prestigious club of wetshavers!!!!!1 ::

[​IMG]

12. fritz

fritz New Member

Just to annoy the greatest number of people at one time, this is the perfect thread for me to declare that I use and like Aqua Velva, and that I also use and like Old Spice, English Leather, T&H West Indian Limes, T&H Spanish Leather, Pinaud Clubman, Bay Rum, Vegetal & Lilac, Tabac, Florida Water, 4711, Lucky Tiger and Ogallala Bay Rums, and maybe a few others. I'd even splash on some Hai Karate! if I could find some reasonably cheap. :D

But I never use more than three at a time; that's the limit...

13. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

ONLY 3 at a time ??!!

:mad:
    I'm really annoyed

;)
    I have to agree.
    Altho AV is a mainstay in my shavery, I still enjoy many other AS / ASB's; some cheap (inexpensive) and some rather pricey.
    I look for quality at ANY price and am not closed - minded at all when it comes to trying any and everything that may "fit the bill".

14. fritz

fritz New Member

I was just kidding about the 3 at a time... at most 2.

The Pinaud Vegetal & Lilac almost got tossed out until I thought about how it smelled and then tossed some Tabac over it. A very pleasant mixture different from either one alone. Of course, Bay Rum and the T&H Limes is a good mix, too. So is Florida Water and 4711.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

we must always remember it is all in fun, always. Having said that I can assure you that using this blue embalming fluid will do no good for you. But all I can do is try to educate the masses as to the horrors of Velva.

Raf

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

COme on Raf......there are lots of things AV is good for besides shaving..

Its a miracle liquid

17. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

1. windshield wiper fluid
    2. barbicide
    3. battery acid
    4. it was used by the Yankees in the 2007 post season. Due to the foul odor the Yankees were unable to play to their full capacity. So you see it was not Torre's fault, it was the Velva that kill the Yankees.

Raf

18. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

OMG.......low blow with the Yankees reference :(

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

AV Rules :cool: I actually heard a rumor that the Rockies were touting it as the key to their 2 sweeps :)

20. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

I can't believe what I'm reading...

I can't believe there are that many of you who actually enjoy (UGH!!!) Aqua Velva...

I must be in the Twilight Zone of worse; (the 1960's)... :rofl

NO, NO, NO, now I understand, I'M DRUNK and this is a bad nightmare... (whinny, whinny)...::

Maybe I'll wake up soon and won't have to suffer the torment much longer...