I'd like your opinion on this

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Lonny, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Lonny

Lonny New Member

Hi Folks,

You know I'm as nervous as a cat in a dog pound. But here goes. I'm very new here, but I'm not new to forums and discussion boards. I've been a collector of watches for years now. I'm mainly into the dive watches such as the vintage seiko 6105's and the 6309's, with a couple of Rolex's here and there. All these watches have mechanical movements (automatic needs NO battery). The seiko's I collect are not produced anymore and you have to be careful when buying one. Many have aftermarket parts, which take a lot of value away from the watch. You have to do your homework and learn what to look for. So this is where I first got into forums. To learn and observe. After awhile, even if you just lurk, you start to notice that there is a certain trust you begin to feel these folks have for one another. Someone needs a certain part, and you have one, you just sell it cheap (your cost) or just give it to him or her. Many times shipping before payment is ever made, if there is a payment. I did just this with a Rolex Explorer 1016 that I sold for $3500. I sent the guy the watch, and said pay me when you can. That's trust!! I trust him. I'm not rich and sure I could use the money now, but he didn't have it all yet. Boy, I feel like I'm rambling, and not making much sense. I got back into wet shaving from one of the watch forums, several guys got talking about it. So I started googling wet shaving. I ran onto several sites with a lot of good information. I then found out what other guys liked shaving with. Gillette fatboy's came up pretty regular. So I got one. I liked it. I got it from someone on a different shaving forum (not this one). I had to place a want to buy ad to get it. After I got to thinking about it, I thought... now there's a need right there. Someone that sells old vintage razors in good shape... That you "Can Trust" because if you couldn't trust him he'd be peddling his razors on ebay. Now don't take that the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with ebay, but it just doesn't have the trust that a "Forum seller's" got. I feel like someone that try's to sell something specific no matter what it is, on a particular forum that deals with what they are trying to sell has to be somewhat legit. There's to many pro's that would straighten him out, if something were wrong with the product. So this is where the trust is. I hope all that made some kind of sense. Anyhow, I started looking around for some old vintage razors to sell at a fair price. In my job, I shift work. I've got a lot of spare time on my hands at work to clean, and photograph razors. I ordered several shaving creams that were the most popular. I got some small sample size jars to put a little shaving cream in. So I cleaned some old razors up. Put some shaving creams in the sample jars. Bought some feather blades and some derby extra's. Quite a few of these razors all looked the same and in fact were the same. So I had to find a way to keep them separate in the scans. Playing cards, worked perfect. So off I went to post some razors for sale. It all started off pretty good, I'd sell every razor I had in a day. Ship it all out the next day. Did I make any money?? Probably not. By the time I bought the razors, cleaning supplies, packaging materials, the sample jars, the blades, take the pictures and ship them..... Maybe break even. But I liked making people happy. Well I started upsetting some folks on the other forum. Stepping on toes so to speak. So I quit posting there, I sure didn't need this in my life, way to busy for that. But I had a several folks from that forum recommend this site. So before I step on anyone’s toes... if this "might" be a problem, then let's not even try it. If you want to give it a go, no problem. I'd like to try and sell a few razors here. I'm going to change the way I did it on the other forum though. If this forum is willing to give me the chance to post some razors, I'll list some and the price with scans. If someone decides they want one, I'll ship it to them without any payment. If they like it... pay me. If they don't.... send it back. I'll cover shipping to you; you cover it back (if you don't want it). Now that's "Trust". This got way longer than I hoped it would. So be honest... if you'd rather me not post. I'll put em on Ebay.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hey bud-

We'd be glad to have you.

If you will be selling shaving products consistently, there are 6 simple guidlines to follow, and you can find them here

Welcome :happy088

3. Lonny

Lonny New Member

Thanks. I've read and understand the rules.

Best,
    Lonny

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Welcome, Lonny !!

5. navy_shave

navy_shave New Member

Welcome, Lonny!

Nice to see you here. I'll be on the lookout for your razors :D .

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Glad to have ya! You'll come to find we're a pretty relaxed group around here.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I have purchased several razors from Lonny on more than one occasion, he was a pleasure to deal with, a great communicator and they have all been in Excellent condition with great / secure packaging and fast shipping.

What more could one ask for? :D

Thank you Lonny!

8. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

welcome lonny, nice to have ya aboard.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome Lonny!

Sell away!

10. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I have purchased razors from Lonny in the past and they were tremendous. Lonny provides an invaluable service to us D/E shavers because he wants to provide razors to people and not charge them through the nose. It is all about trust and helping people get what they want. That's is what he is all about. I will do business with him again. A true gentleman.

Jeez, you would think I was on the Lonny payroll. But, really, he is the man.