**IKON SALE**

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by xnykid, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

And we'll hold you to that!

Troy M and Robyflexx like this.
  2. Morning Shave

Morning Shave Well-Known Member

Holding me to it is the reason for my announcement. Strength in numbers.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Wow, that is an efficient shaver, isn't it. the B1 might give the R41 a run for the closes shaving tool in my cabinet. I did a clean up pass with the 41 and i don't think i found anything to clean up.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Im not sure why you feel I was tempted, am I missing something here? I bought a new razor, what's the big deal? Help me understand why you keep on insisting that I was sliding under the wire and now I'm tempted.

6. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Only pulling your leg, nothing deeper or more sinister. Sorry if I caused offence.

Regards,
    Chris

Darkbulb and Robyflexx like this.
  7. ElectroMike

ElectroMike Active Member

Unfortunately I had a completely opposite experience. I found the B1 OSS to be extremely mild, I kept switching from OC to SB side to see if one side is more aggressive but it made no difference. I had to make about 6 passes on my neck alone, WTG, XTG x 2 and ATG x 2 plus clean up and still felt a stubble. The R41 gives me a BBS without even doing a ATG.

I guess this is a case of YMMV. I'll be putting this razor up for sale soon and try to recoup most of the $65 investment, might have throw in a free handle to sweeten the deal.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

No,no! Just get over to the ikon site and pick up a blemished B1 head right now for $20. Get the solid bar! It rivals the r41 for sure. Just sell your base plate. You will love it. Ask @RaZorBurn123 see what he thinkso

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  9. ElectroMike

ElectroMike Active Member

Ahh, now I see what you mean, the Standard plate is their most aggressive, thanks for pointing it out. I should have read their site better, was always intrigued with having an OC/SB combo plate but did not think it would be that mild.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Yes, there are some posts where i saw that mentioned that the OSS was an "OK, good shaver" didn't sound like what i was after. did my 3rd shave today with the B1 SB and really can't figure out why the owners here are not talking more about it's aggressiveness? It will rival your R41 and has made me have to re-think my shaving routine with this razor, i will be going back to starting my shave WTG. It cuts very close.

ElectroMike likes this.