Ikon SBS (2017)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jmudrick, Oct 17, 2017.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

You can still get blem heads for $25 on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD March 2nd
    [​IMG]

Ikon SBS (aggressive side)
    GSB(6)
    Stirling Boar
    Italian Barber Amici
    Baxter of California Shave Tonic and ASB

Great first shave with the Ikon SBS AKA Mjolnir that @jmudrick enabled me into. This razor head is massive and weighty, paired with the stainless steel IB halo handle this razor come in at a whopping ~4.1 oz, luckily you don't have to be as strong as Thor to lift it. I did three passes with the SBS, the first with the open comb side and the second two with the safety bar side. On the aggressive side of the base plate his razor features a substantial blade gap with plenty of exposure. There was definitely more blade feel on the open comb side but neither side felt harsh and even with a well used blade I was able to pull off a DFS+ shave with no irritation or touch up.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I ordered a blem head. Can't be too awful, price was right, curiosity was itching me.
    I missed getting a tradere, I'll try the Ikon.
    Will post more later.

RyX likes this.
  4. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

I've ordered many blem heads and trust me when I say that you will really wonder why is it blem. It's absolutely perfect. No scratches or finish issues or anything else. The SBS I think is now discontinued as they had some legal issue over the Rockwell flip plate patent. Appears IKoN won't make them any more after that issue with Rockwell. So lucky to get two blem heads of the SBS !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

5. david of central florida

Mine arrived today.
    Quite a chunk of metal.
    I'm sorta diggin the look. Sorta industrial..
    More thoughts later.

RyX likes this.
  6. david of central florida

First use,
    Three passes, i used the cross hairs exposed side. I also used the Ikon bulldog handle. Maybe the heaviest I've ever used.
    I thought during the shave it was like using a wedge straight, in as much as it made noise, but lessened. It quietly gave me a near bbs. Only missing a shot above my Adam's apple(not my normal trouble spot) so dfs it is. It maneuvered, but wasn't nimble, it's a very heavy and clunky piece of metal. That sounds a little like a complaint, but i really don't want it to be. I'm sorta thrilled with the razor. And I'm definitely gonna learn it some more.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  7. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I believe it is sintered aluminum.

8. david of central florida

Is very heavy, if you told me it was stainless, I'd readily believe it.