I'm A Synthetic Believer.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by DaltonGang, Feb 16, 2016.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent suggestion! International shipping isn't exactly for free, but at $4.00 I'm not complaining! :) I'll see if SWMBO will allow me to pull the trigger (I've done some puchases lately and the bottom of the money box is bleaching from all the sunlight! :sad027:)

2. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know where you are. But $4.00 shipping any where outside the USA is very cheap.

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  3. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

Lowest shipping price I could find from Maggard's was $9.50.

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:think002: I must have done someting wrong. Now I'm facing $ 14.93. :signs002:

5. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

I have recently fallen in love with synthetics, particularly the Plisson knot. Don't get me wrong, my badgers will never be replaced. Each type of brush has different characteristics, and while I love the synthetics for what they are, the feel of a good badger on my face, as well as the way in which they deal with water, hold warmth, etc., makes them king in my den.
    But a good Plisson type knot is a thing to be reckoned with. I hope to put a few Plisson type knots in some artisan handles this year. And they will be well loved.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  6. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I love the Plisson kn
    Indeed, the Plisson is very good.
    My only dissatisfaction with synthetics is that they don't hold warmth between passes, too bad...

7. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Yes, there is that. Fortunately, my scuttle deals with that little imperfection quite nicely. :)

macaronus and KLF like this.
  8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I love my plissoft monster...... Fantastic, like a face pillow

9. gregkw1

Yep the monster rules

10. gregkw1

I have a Copper Bowl that I float in the sink with hot water works beautifully[​IMG][​IMG]

GatorJoe and macaronus like this.
  11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I'm glad you, and your wife like the brushes.

12. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

@gregkw1 , how are you liking that copper bowl? Size, lathering, etc. it looks great.