I'm envious of the SHOW & TELLERS and the MEDICINE CHEST people

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TOB9595, Jan 26, 2008.

1. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

YES!!
    ENVIOUS!!!!
    I don't say or even think this about much in life..
    BUT the Damn folk who post pics of their MEDICINE CHEST and SHOW & TELL..
    I have a bunch of stuff for shaving and think it's all cool. I like VINTAGE stuff in good condition...
    (BUT you're still in the running, JoAnna)
    I have 2.5 baths..the one in the MAster bath has been under construction for more than three years..I got injured, pretty badly, in June 2004. I had just put down gtreat lookin ceramic tile and took the plumbing apart....
    So I was using the hall bath. It has a tub/shower and linen closet.
    Well my Son, Kevin, Moved off BASE to help me round and about. He wants me OUT OF HIS BATHROOM!!!!!
    So Kevin took the last of the wallpaper down. I went and bought spackle compound and a long trowel to make a smooth surface. Tomorow I comitted to sand one wall and do the other three/four before Friday..Maybe a bit optimistic.. Once done with the sanding I'll paint with Zinzer GARDZ theb skim coat, sand and choose a color and paint.
    When all this is done I want to put some shelves up for displaying my vaious shave geegaws that can live in a humid environment.
    What do I make/buy?
    Shelving without doors?
    With doors?
    Dark wood, light wood?
    lots o shelves?
    A tasteful amount of shelves...NOT too masculine ut not metro!...
    Wow!
    It'll be great to get my shave stuff off the closet shelves and floor and into a nice display with a rotation of stuff..

What do youse suggest or have?
    Tom

2. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I feel like I just wrote a Dear Abbey letter of shaving..
    :)
    Tom

3. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Dear Frustrated,

I'm sure you have plenty of talents that other people in your little "shaving world" do not have......blah, blah........

Abbey (not really)

;)

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You could say I'm vintage 1978. :D

As for the bathroom shelving, get thee to an IKEA, or an antique shop, depending on the style you want. I would go with glass doors, and cherry-type cabinets/shelves. I don't like my brushes, creams, soaps, etc. on open shelves personally. I always worry that they will fall in the toilet or something.

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, that depends on the strength of your swing :rofl
    Personally, I have all my stuff lying and standing around wherever I find some space :rolleyes:

@TOB9595: It's hard to give advice not knowing the size/dimensions of the room, what appliances there are, what colour the tiles etc...

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I'm also looking for good storage solutions. I'm not redoing my bathroom, but I could definitely improve the storage/shelving.

Please share your findings!

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Im not even gonna go there. ..#$@#$#@@% Lucky..

you got 2 bathrooms thats every wet shavers wetdream !

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Or on a candle? :)

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I wish i had a nice grand bathroom with lots of counter space

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I can only second that wish. I'm only able to store my aftershaves in my bathroom :(

But, on a sidenote, I do get to display all the nice stuff in my working room :D

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thank God for my work locker. Otherwise forget it. Which reminds me. Time to take some stuff home and bring in new stuff. The lower performing items don't need to be taking up so much space. :D

12. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

It's good to rotate stuff from home to work.
    Do any of your coworkers share your enthusiasm for wetshaving?

You'ld be fortunate if you do.
    Tom

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

In my case, it's not about having space to use, but using the space I have. I use a combination of shelves, drawers, and racks to store most of the shave goodies.

14. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I guess I have to post the dimensions and give a better description..
    I was hoping youse guys would wave the magic wand..
    Tom

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I could give you Harry Potters mail-address, maybe he can help you out in this regard :D

16. SSLSTudio...

Amen ,

I have just finished well 2 weeks ago already finished refreshing as I call it the shave den for 2008. by that I mean I have so many items in the shave den that im also following the 4 seasons a bit with each season ill use in the shaveden whats better for the season in the winter I will not have so much menthol use there for all my stuff I dont use has been moved to a gigantic big plastic box. What I did next was move the items around.

Where used to be the a/s space has now become the EDT/EDC space the EDT space is now taken up by the a/s . the cream area stayed cream but with a few new rotations and I made a soap bowl area.

By doing this you create some sort of renewed AD feeling , you basically have the same items in the den but since you moved it around it looks like you got new stuff and gives a fresh feeling to the den .

its basically what house decorators do as well move it around or renew some items..gives a new view on things.

17. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Rene, the pic is where?

hahahahaha

Sounds like a very well thought out system. I agree with movin the menthols till warmer weather..
    We'd like to see this winter's collection.
    Tom

18. SSLSTudio...

I was gonna make a special thread for this with pics seeing there is atleast 1 demand ill see when i have time to shoot some up for ya.
    :drool Alert though !

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh, I'd love to see your stash too, Rene. :drool :drool :drool

See, I'm already drooling :D

20. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

OKAY!
    Now there's a line, Rene
    Tom