I'm looking for a subtle lime/citrus aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by dangermouse, Feb 3, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I see many Pinaud products in the beauty supply shops near by. This one nobody stocks. I keep asking for them to order it. One day I'll just breakdown and get Amazon to ship it.
    The scent of Lime Sec is like lime candy, sweet? Good to hear it's like other Pinaud's - all day staying power.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pinaud Lime Musk is also great. I picked up Avon Island Lime off ebay, like it lots.

dangermouse and Carbide Mike like this.
  3. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Captains Choice Lime is very subtle and only last about 30 minutes. It is about $18.00 for four ounces. A little goes a long way.

Dave

4. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Gabels is a very mild lime aftershave and inexpensive.

dangermouse likes this.
  5. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

It smells sweeter than lime juice, but I would not call it "candy sweet". Also the bottle is huge. I think one would be enough to last years unless you use it every day.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like that about Pinaud; big bottles, low prices, strong long lasting scents. Good business model.

Carbide Mike and dangermouse like this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

TSD Lime splash is divine, and actually smells like real lime. I need to get some more.

8. TravelSteveR

TravelSteveR New Member

I have recently started a quest for the best lime aftershave. I use the traditional aftershaves made by Clubman/Pinaud and Master Wellcomb, along with Old Spice Original (imported from India). My favorites are Master Spice, Master Blue, and Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. I have purchased a few lime aftershaves so far: Captain's Choice Lime and Booster's Iced Lime and have ordered but not yet received Royall Lime along with Royall Mandarin (to add some orange to the mix). I have yet to try to Gabel's Drops of Lime, Clubman Lime Sec, and Colonel Conk's Lime (I have a requested a sample, so we will see if I get a reply). When I was a child, I remember my dad having gift sets of Aqua Velva and English Leather that had lime among the scents (I think he had the Mennen set too with Dry Lime, but I don't recall--I saw it on Ebay). I am not too impressed with the Captain's Lime as it doesn't have much of a lime scent, and what it does have is gone in a flash. Boosters starts off smelling like lime, but then another scent comes in, and I am not a fan. My favorite of all-time is Guerlain Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat, which has a light, refreshing citrus scent, but it has gotten mighty pricey over the years. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

dangermouse likes this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Razorock essential lime aftershave is very nice. razorock_essentialoiloflime_balm.jpg it was given to me, but i like it allot.

dangermouse likes this.
  10. smittywerbenmanjensen

smittywerbenmanjensen Active Member

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime cologne is superb

dangermouse likes this.
  11. jar

jar Well-Known Member

There's #74 Victorian Lime or the Eton College

dangermouse likes this.