I'm Your Mama, I'm Your Daddy, I'm the Shaver in the Alley... PIF!

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Mr. Shaverman, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm your mama, I'm your daddy, I'm the shaver in the alley. I'm your Shaverman....

You're going to want to read this whole thing. I'm telling you that right off the bat. Instructions -- ALL OF THEM -- are scattered through out this post.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. I've been away from the forum for a bit, that's to be expected. In your absence (not my absence, because I'm always with me), I ordered absolutely no shaving supplies. Not because I stopped shaving, but because I already had enough of everything, likely forever. And ever. This is open to all men and women over the age of 21 residing in the continental united states. And ever... I did manage to finish up some soaps and a tube of Prorasso Green. I went through lots of blades, but never made a dent in my supply.

It got me to thinking, why do I have so much shaving gear? It's likely I have enough for the rest of my life, so I'm not buying anymore until I outlive them or die trying. Should I outlive them, I'll simply stop shaving. But I digress. I realized that the reason why I had so much was because of all of you. You and your creams and soaps and blades and posting deals and new products. That's right, I said it. You know what you are. You're pushers. Pushermen just like in Super Fly. Super Fly is one of my favorite blaxploitation movies, and has been since I was about 7. The first thing you need to do to get in on this PIF, aside from stating the requisite I'm in is to also tell me your favorite blaxploitation movie. If you don't have one, you have to tell me that instead.

Curtis Mayfield's soundtrack for Super Fly is one of the best albums ever, I believe. It goes a long way in giving the film a look and feel that was often copied, but never done as well as the original You can disagree with me. You either need to tell me the name of a better film soundtrack, or agree with me by naming your favorite song from the album. It can't be Pusherman. That's the next thing you need to do to be in on this. But we're not done yet.

Due to my time away from the bad influences, I learned the valuable lesson of being happy and enjoying what you have. I realized happiness wasn't found in a soap container and all the used rusty blades in the world can't make it better. I learned to be happy with what I've got. Which, oddly enough, is also the theme to another one of Curtis Mayfield's hit songs, Diamond in the Back. I'll put that right below here for your listening pleasure, but it has nothing to do with the PIF.

That's all well and good, Mr. Shaveman. Stop wasting my time. What are you giving away? <-- is likely what you're thinking about now. Have you ever done a PIF? The next thing you need to do is tell me if you've ever PIF'd anything yourself, on this forum. If so, you get an extra entry. Boo-yah. But that still doesn't answer the question, does it?

Well, this is what I'm giving away: Earlier this week I found a NIB unscented cream from Art of Shaving in my closet (some of you may remember I'm not a fan of unscented items). Earlier today I opened it up, added a mystery scent to it, and mixed it into a different container. AOS containers drive me nuts. They're oversized and mainly air. Honestly, I got about 98% of the product into the new used container and that container is about a third of the size of the AOS jar. That's what you're winning. As well as assorted bits and bobs that I find to toss in the package. Probably some blades, samples, random shaving related things, knowmsayn?

So no pics because honestly, how underwhelming would a pic of a used (but cleaned) soap container be? And I don't even know what else I'm sending yet, so how could I take a pic of that? You're right, I couldn't. I like cat memes, so you also need to post one of those. It can't be something that someone else has already posted. If it makes me literally laugh out loud, you get a second entry. So that's what you get if you win.

One important detail that I didn't mention is the scent that I added. I left that out of this post on purpose, because the last thing you need to do is guess the scent that I added. Being wrong doesn't affect your chance to win. But if you guess correctly, you get three extra entries. If no one guesses correctly the person who wins the PIF needs to come back here and make a guess on what it is after shaving with it.

I'll let you know that the scent is one of my favorite splashes. I'll leave it at that.

And the very last thing. You can't throw this cream out. You can give it away though. You just can't toss it.

So there we have it. The final detail is this PIF runs for a week until Friday 5/5 at 9pm PST. Do you remember all the pieces and instructions? If you have any questions, read this again.

You know me, I'm your friend. Your main boy, thick and thin.

I'm your Shaverman.

EDIT: See post below to find out how to win more entries.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    macaronus, ob1page, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think entrants should post a pic of themselves doing their best "gangsta lean". :cool:

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Superfly is up there, but since you already took it, I will go with black dynamite.
    I do meet all requirements. I have PIFed via the pass around multiple times and to a few individuals. I have also PIFed to friends and family.

Dead presidents soundtrack. Seriously...Go listen to it.

IMG_20170428_232242.jpg

My guess.....Osage rub.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Nice to hear your well.

I had to goggle what that was. My choice would be Blazing Saddles, hilarious, but wrong.
    Not big on soundtracks either, I'll list the soundtrack from Top Gun, it has some good music in it.
    I have hosted a PIF,and live in the US, and I'm over 21.
    I found this meme groxneqokwg6awhcezmz.jpg In honor of your birthday.
    Lastly, I've never tried to infuse the veg into a shave cream. But what would be nicer to match with the veg, than more veg.
    So with, I'm in, i think I've found your qualifications.
    I really don't need another soap, but for a chance to try a veg soap, it could be fun. Thank you, and nice to hear from you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Mr. Shaverman and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

That's a fine idea!

Additionally, anyone meeting all other requirements listed in the original post, can earn 2 additional entries by posting a pic of themselves digging the scene with a gangster lean. If you happen to be doing that gangster lean in or against a Cadillac with gangsta white wheels, sunroof top and a TV antenna in the back, you get 5 additional entries.

macaronus and Queen of Blades like this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

I had to look it up because I don't believe I've seen that movie since it was released in VHS. You're right, that's a good soundtrack!

macaronus likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

"I'm in"

Movie:
    Boys in the hood
    - this movie is seriously awesome

Soundtrack:
    New Jack City
    - loved it so much I had the cassette and later the cd.

Cat meme:
    http://m.imgur.com/b8TFPpV?r
    IMG_5364.JPG

PIF:
    I've done several PIFs

Scent:
    Brut

9. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Great PIF but not in cause I am a pusher man ;),

Hope you still have the Slim :cool:

10. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I fit all qualifications and answer:
    Shaft
    Jurassic Park Soundtrack - Yes really. Covers all emotions. Joy, fear, you name it.
    Yes, multiple PIFs, primarily in the 30 day focus & soap passaround threads, not the official PIF section. (Cliquey? Maybe, but if you hadn't already figured out that I do things a bit differently by the Jurassic Park answer, this is your second clue).

IMG_1448.JPG
    Going to go with lucky tiger for the win.
    Yeah, as much as I like the idea of the gangsta pose, I had to get rid of the TV in the caddie and downgrade to a sweet Monte Carlo with oversized wheels, chrome rims that spin, and a pimp-a-licious fuzzy, pink leopard print interior. Since that clearly doesn't fit the requirements, I submit, instead, a "yo momma" joke with a cat meme punchline, in an attempt to get maximum free points for minimal extra effort:
    IMG_1449.JPG
    Do with it what you will.
    Oh, and "I'm in".
    Edit: people keep posting their age. I'm not sure why. Going back and rereading the post seems too much like work for a gangsta like me so I'll just let you know I'm 50. Whether this fact holds any importance, is for you to decide. If I can milk it for extra points, even better.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Not in as I already have a crap ton of stuff as well. But I love this PIF.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Not in but my favorite is Shaft.

13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Interesting PIF.

I can't qualify but it seems interesting nonetheless.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not in, but it is a fun read. I like the idea of a Veg scented cream.

15. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Straight razor dandy

:happy097::happy102::happy096: and I've just crap myself:thanks:

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had that in my Winston avatar, but avatars don't count, right???? :)

BaylorGator and macaronus like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

I do! I just used it the other day and thought of you lol

americanshamrock and macaronus like this.
  18. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

Cute.jpg Age: 65

Movie: Shaft
    This movie is the Bomb

Soundtrack: Any of the music from Shaft

"I'm in"

Yes, multiple PIFs, primarily friends and family but also clients from my business.
    I believe what you put out comes back to you. Karma can be a bitch so be nice.

I do not know how to upload pictures here so here goes.
    This is me 2015 a before gangster lean.
    Me at Laura's about 2015.jpg

This is my gangster shot of me today [04/29/2017] after almost dying of complications from the flue.
    Grateful to be alive and able to try out DE shaving again.
    20170429_145131.jpg

I though you might get a grin out of what I am using to shave with now.
    It's a Gillette Fat Handle from the 30's that someone decided to paint.
    I bought it off of eBay. Well it took me a while to resize the pictures to fit on here at 25%

razor(1).jpg

razor--1.jpg

razor--2.jpg

And here's me's MEME
    Cute.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  19. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Glad to hear it

[​IMG]
    :happy097:

Keithmax, Jayaruh and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  20. Mr. Shaverman

Hey, you asked!

americanshamrock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.