Imaginary friend.

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by Jamie Mahoney, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

2. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

Excellent !!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Jrdelgado, Jamie Mahoney and brit like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

For folks with sensitivities about their religious choices, their dismissive attitude towards others offends. It's a lesson that ought to be taught. I'm a lapsed Catholic with Stoic tendencies. A person can have Morals without being a member of a social club (church).

Show Spoiler
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" Stephen F Roberts

4. Jamie Mahoney

Thank you, wise words indeed.:)

brit and RyX like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

(My intentions with this post are not Political. I don't wish to adjust anyone's beliefs to match my own.)
    You being a UK resident have first hand experience of a phenomena I've only heard about. Here in The Colonies, we have churches of different denomination side by side. Like on the same side of the street with parking lots that parishioners could use either during their high seat occupancy times. No one blows up church buses, or cuts tires. There's never hostage situations involving school children. When I hear about Catholics & Protestants, both being Christians, inflicting violence against the other it's nearly unbelievable. Having watched documentaries about British & Scottish history, I get that characters like Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I were knee deep in the argument during their reigns. Makes me glad my ancestors were from Wales where there's history, but currently a more "can't we all just get along?" attitude.

Ever heard of a guy called Prince Madoc ab Owain Gwynedd? A family member of mine if a cousin's genealogical search is correct. If the old stories are true he left the arguments behind and came to America 300 years before Columbus.

Jamie Mahoney and brit like this.
  6. Jamie Mahoney

I'm 100% per cent Welsh by birth and 100% genetically Celtic, the Welsh had a huge influence on founding America.http://hisdoryan.co.uk/american-presidents-of-welsh-descent

RyX and brit like this.
  7. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

I’m sorry I just said “excellent” and did not explained why.

The child with an imaginary friend can feel his not alone, so the adult with the idea of God.

So, that’s what I found excellent. The ideia that we (human species) cannot allow ourselves the ideia-fact of being completely alone. English Psychoanalyst Donald Winnicott among many others was very clear about that. We all need an object, a thought a space transitive where we represent the existence of the other in relation to us (like the teddy bear child’s represents is relation with is mother and father). Without that we get absurd madness follow by physical death (babies that are not allowed to live a relation with a one and only one “mother” die and that’s an experience carried out in US.) We deeply know that we are absolutely alone, we know we die, and that’s why we need so much the relation with others, that why the child needs an imaginary friend, that’s why we need God or Gods and why I’m writing to you.

Kind regards

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Jamie Mahoney, RyX and brit like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Though no corroborated by many others, the idea of the brain generating mystic experiences has been researched in a scientific environment. The God Helmet uses low level magnetic fields to stimulate or interfere with left/right brain activity. Some subjects perceive another presence when under it's influence. Otherwise a normal brain carries on a conversation with itself, that voice in your head? It might just be you talking to yourself.

Montalvani and brit like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you for that link! I'm not a big one for history except when I have a connection. Seems I do. ;)

Jamie Mahoney and brit like this.
  10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

With inventions of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy it's no wonder that Belief in the Western world is so low.

But we have Jesus.
    "For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty." -- 2Peter1:16

brit and Hembree like this.