Impressions of AOS creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have often seen the Art of Shaving products and have wondered about the quality of their shave creams. For those of you who have used AOS creams what are your impressions? Also, how do AOS creams compare to, for example, T&H, or GFT or TOBS? Also how do some of the scents, e.g. lavender, sandalwood, lemon stack up against other similar scented creams. Thanks in advance.

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

AoS makes top shelf creams, the quality is outstanding and I like the scents I tried, sandalwood and peppermint.

Rusty blade likes this.
  3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have only used AOS Sandalwood but it is one of my favorites. It was the first traditional shaving cream that I ever used after decades of using canned foamin' goo. It is easy to whip up into a slick lather and post shave feel is excellent. And it is my favorite of all Sandalwood scents that I have tried. I've tried Proraso Red and TOBS. I highly recommend it and unlike AOS hardware, the cost of their creams is not outrageous. It isn't cheap but nowhere near as costly as say Castle Forbes. I'd recommend you try it. Get a smaller tube of it before buying a full tub to be sure you like it.

Rusty blade likes this.
  4. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

AoS is priced like a high end cream, but also performs like one. Lather is easy, tubs last forever because I use so little, and the scents are top shelf. I've yet to find a sandalwood that smells as good, and the peppermint is also excellent (but only available at Christmas). I've used TOBS before but I much prefer AoS.

Rusty blade likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have several of the creams and enjoy them. I have the peppermint and kale. Sandlewood is the best scent ever