In Praise of Ladas Razor Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by GawainandtheGreenKnight, Feb 25, 2018.

1. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Just tried a Ladas blade for the first time, and they were so incredible. Just an incredibly smooth blade, with good sharpness. Atseveral points during today's shave I couldn't tell their was blade in the razor, including on my atg pass. My upper lip is where the smoothness of a blade is really tested, and Ladas passed with perfect marks I compare every new blade I use against the Rapira Swedish Supersteel razor blade, and I do believe I have a rival for the Swede. Boy, is the wife going to be mad, when that 100 count of Ladas arrives!

Hodge, Terry Williams and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Ladas are good. If you like'em you'll probably also like Gillette Nacets.

3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Very nice. Next try getting hold of some of these blades made by the same manufacturer, for the Middle Eastern market. No longer made but still findable. Excellent Russian steel.
    IMG_2004.JPG

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

For me, the Ladas and Swedish Supersteel blades are very close to performance also.

5. GawainandtheGreenKnight

Just ordered some off the bay!

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. GawainandtheGreenKnight

I have a five pack I got with a razor, will have to move them up in my sample quest.

MR41 likes this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

To me all of the Rapira blades that have Super Stainless stamped on the blade are all the same (Ladas, Swedish Supersteel, Stainless Chrome, Super Stainless), and all good (better then middle of the road). :scared003: The only one that distinguishes itself from the pack for me is the Platinum Lux which is top tier.

8. GawainandtheGreenKnight

The Platinum Lux is the only one that doesn't agree with me, in fact, no platinum blade has ever agreed with me.

Linuxguile likes this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I am the opposite, I tend to prefer platinum's. Like @MR41 said above, I too think you will like the Nacets. Also the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green, made is Russia) are very nice blades.

GawainandtheGreenKnight and MR41 like this.
  10. GawainandtheGreenKnight

Tired the Nacet was nice, very sharp. I going to run it through my super adjustable and see how it performs.

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Ladas are nice blades. I probably wouldn't buy them in bulk but if I had a stock pile of them, I would have no problem at all using them for the rest of my life.

Linuxguile likes this.