Injectors for sale... L and M types, adjustables

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by MTgrayling, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Up for sale are 6 very nice late model Injectors, 4 adjustables and 2 type L's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The First Injector is a Schick protector model labeled as an "Adjustable by Schick". This Injector has a switch under head that when flipped up will position the safety bar to protect the blade from accidental contact. Great for throwing in a gym bag or traveling. There is some brassing under head in the trouble spot and some scratches to the handle. $25

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Injector #2 is a "Schick Adjustable". This razor is in nearly mint condition with no brassing anywhere and very bright plating. There is some minor scratching to the handle but overall this razor is in excellent condition. $35 Sold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Injector 3 is another "Schick Adjustable" in excellent condition. This razor has a couple dings to the dial sticker and minor scratching to the plastic handle. $30

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Injector #4 is the "Schick Dial" adjustable Injector. This Injector has no plating loss and shines bright. There is one ding on the main sticker and some scratching to the handle. This is a very nice specimen, again, in excellent condition. $30 Sold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Injector #5 is a type L. These non adjustable Injectors were made, mostly, in the 70's. This one is in excellent condition and would make a perfect mild daily shaver. Has some scratches to the plastic handle. The head shows the Schick name and an arrow $20 Sold for $15

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last Injector offered today is another type L. This one is slightly different than the other type L and has the Schick name underlined on the head. In very good condition with some scratching/scuffing to the handle. $15 Sold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Visit this page for more information on Schick's

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Please send an email to the link in my signature if you are interested in one, or more, of these Injectors or want additional pictures, etc.. Paypal, checks or postal Money Orders all accepted. Shipping in a padded envelope included for the USA or Canada. International shipping will be a bit more, usually only a few dollars.

The remaining two razors have been relisted here:
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14291

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Yeup, these are dandy good prices, especially on the adjustables.

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

That protector sounds interesting - cool idea for protecting the blade.

Out of curiosity, how aggressive do the adjustables get? I've used other injectors in the past - I think an I type most recently. Do you know how it would compare to that model, or to any DE razors?

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Hey Mike,

The "Schick Adjustable" and the "Schick Dial" are on the mild side of things IMO. The Protectors have a different adjustment range and look to have more 'bite' on the upper end of things. Honestly, I haven't tried a Protector yet and just noticed the larger gap it has when posting the "Adjustable Injectors" thread in safety razors. I do regularly use a "Schick Adjustable" model in my lineup and just checked mine, it is set at 6 out of 8 and I prefer moderately aggressive DE's. I haven't used my type I for awhile, these days I stick to my type E and 66 so I can't comment on the similarities or differences between those models. Hope that helps.

5. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Very cool selection. How did you obtain so many? I had one adjustable and it was great but had to move it on. Good shave though:)

6. Hi there,

I've used both the 'L' and adjustable types a fair bit, and found that the 'L' shaved similar to the 'J' type as well. They both feel like about the #3 setting on a gillette DE adjustable.....the high side of the milder settings. Luckily, that's the perfect # for me, so those gave me very good shaves. It's been a long time, but I think the 'I' type was similar, except the short handle didn't work for me. The earlier 'G' types felt like about a solid #6......waaay to much for my face.

Those Schick adjustables really do work well...........you can get a LOT of blade exposure on the higher settings, if you like an aggressive razor. I kept mine on the #3 setting, and it was about perfect.

Anyway, that's how I saw things back when I was only using an injector.
    Martin

Oh, I should mention that those 'L' types were sold for a very good price.

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very well said Martin! My E and G both feel about like a Slim set on 6 and that's about the shave I like. The L's were just too mild for my tastes though.

Maybe I found a bucket of Schick's? ;)

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man