Institut Karité Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Leisureguy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

How would it compare to mitchells...i have three of them coming :(

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hard to say so far after only 1 Shave, but this soap ROCKS!! I really like it so far :D

3. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Padron, *very* nice photos and story! Thanks.

And good idea to get both the soap and the shaving cream: reduce the shipping cost per item. :)

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

5. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Cambridge chemists has some in stock last time I was in- drop a call to Scott.

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Just tried the cream, it seems pretty nice..I added a bit too much water though trying to dial it in....and didn't :o

I need a few more shaves with it though, great scent..20% Shea Butter, skin feels pretty nice :cool:

** UPDATE, I used this Soap for about 1 week straight, I really like it and this it is just about as good as any of my other quality triple milled soaps, very moisturizing and a great lather and shave were had on each attempt. **

7. Cowtown

Cowtown New Member

Hi Jim. Sorry for not responding sooner. I appreciate the heads up. I know this stuff is pretty pricey but I am sorely tempted to call them up and buy a bowl if it is available. Thank you so much.

Regards, Todd

8. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I still can't find it..

9. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I don't know what the closeout price was but there is a seller on eBay that sells it for $16 shipped.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think the other guys must have ordered everything that the website had, cause I can't find it now either.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Vultures! :rofl

12. Dale

Dale New Member

Try this site for the shave cream: frenchybee.com

13. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I decided to pull the trigger on the eBay seller.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sorry Telly,

When I ordered mine, before I placed the order they showed 4 soaps and 3 tubes of cream in stock, if I remember correctly....I bought 2 soaps and 1 cream...I paid like $12.49 I think for the soap and $13 something for the cream..

I love this soap, the shea butter seems to agree with my skin and it provides a great lather. The cream is nice too, but I've only used it once.....the soap I've used about 10 times..

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

I think you'll really like the soap...Hope so :D

16. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

No worries. I have some extra Mitchell's Wool Fat. If I wind up liking the IK, I'll sell the MWF to fund another purchase.

17. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I noticed that Institut Karite makes two different shaving creams: one 20% shea butter, the other 25% shea butter. Plus they make a 25% shea butter aftershave balm. This site sells the 25% stuff, though you can undoubtedly find it elsewhere as well.

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hmmm, quite interesting.

The shave cream I purchased I believe was the 20% Shea variety, it's nice but I like the 25% Shea soap better. I also just picked up the 25% Shea aftershave balm, I've only used it once so far, but it seems like a great balm...a keeper.

Just noticed the picture at the French Bee say's it's only 20% Shea shave scream while the text says 25% Shea shave cream....typo???

Oh yea, by the way their bathsoap rocks too!! :)

19. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Well, Isaac, I'll be glad to relieve you of one of those if you wish to sell ;)

Steve

20. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Hmm. Email The Frenchy Bee to be sure which one he's offering. It could be a typo, or it could be he's using a photo that he had on hand. Institut Karite definitely does have a 25% shea butter shaving cream, though: "extra gentle".