Interested in a three-blade Atra shave?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by gorgo2, Sep 27, 2015.

1. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

I would say that is amazing. :)

2. engrsaks

I see, thanks for correcting and updating my info.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Way back when I did shave with cartridges, I would look for disposables that were cheaper than replacement blades and save some money by taking the plastic handle off and using the cartridge on the good handle. If I still used an atra, I would be all over this.

engrsaks and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The same as Wilkinson Sword Profile Plus/Schick Ultra/Pivoting Schick Super II

[​IMG]

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Heh. I'll try any blade once.

Anyway, these are what I useta use. Can't say I miss them. Lots of bad memories of blood, and pain, and more blood.

[​IMG]

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I actually got up and went looking to see if I still had my old Atra handle. I couldn't find it, but I do have fond memories of it. After the Atra, cartridges started going down hill, IMHO. And, @gorgo2 , I was one of the first customers of the Wilkinson Sword SE cartridge. I think it was on the third one when it took a chunk out of the side of my head. The blade was not properly aligned. It stuck out big time on one side. I didn't give them another chance. It was back to my Schick L. When the Gillette Trac II came along, I did jump onboard. Then I started wearing a beard for many years. For years I just shaved my neck and cheeks, and that every two to three days.
    I actually wish I had found that Atra handle.

7. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

I know you have already apologized, but I think you have raised some points that I suspect others might also be thinking. Of course, anyone can respond to threads in the cartridge forum, but one might question the motives of someone who inherently does not like cartridges. What contributions can you make, but to say you don't like them? If that's all you have to offer, why bother?

One needn't offer positive comments in order for those comments to be constructive or relevant to the conversation. For instance, if someone were to say, "I would have no interest in a three-bladed Atra, because the two-blade version is perfect already," that's a negative answer to the OP's question that is still a constructive contribution to the conversation. But coming into a cartridge discussion simply to voice your dislike for cartridges is not constructive, and it does not contribute to the conversation.

engrsaks and Sabre like this.
  8. engrsaks

@gorgo2 : By the bye, have you ever tried the three bladed Gillette blue 3? It is a three bladed version of Gillette Sensor excel. Over here, I can purchase the disposable razors (made in Poland) for $0.80 per piece. And, I can purchase six cartridges for $3.8 (made in China) but those don't perform nearly as good as Polish ones.

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Small update: Ditched the first cart and shaved with a second one, but this time I clipped it out with scissors instead of breaking it out manually...had a feeling I might have torqued it a little when I did that last time. This shave was indeed less bitey and went perfectly well (even using just some cheap Brut! goo). So if you pick some up, nail clippers or scissors seem the preferred method to get them off the handle.

engrsaks and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No sir, haven't heard of them until just now.

engrsaks likes this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Maybe if I could find some Personna razors like that, I would try them. I'm not going to order them online though. But if I ran across them in the store, why not? Since I'm growing my beard out, I only have my neck and a small part of my cheeks to shave. I don't see them doing a ton of damage to me.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Got a Dollar Tree near you?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I do. I'll stop by Dollar Tree tomorrow after work! Thanks!

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks! I took a screenshot of the razors the other day and texted it to my wife, she's the dollar store bandit!