Interesting thread on Cryo-treating DE blades.......

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rollsshaver, Feb 18, 2009.

1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I was just browsing that "other shaving site", and saw this thread about cryo-treating DE blades. This is an interesting process, that is a logical "next step" for us crazy shave geeks..........

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76845

What do you guys think about all this?

Rolls

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That is interesting Rolls. Let me know if you try it as second opinions are always good.

Why would the Cryo treater use the process on Merkur blades, does anyone actually want them to last longer? :rolleyes:

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Chris, I am guessing the guy does not know much about DE blades. I am thinking about sending this guy a few packs of ASP's and a few packs of "Swedes".

4. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Interesting article. I am still under the opinion that blades are cheap so I don't care if they last 3 or 10 shaves. I could see where this would be quite helpful if I was still cartridge shaving though.

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

What about straights? I think the benefits, if they are realized, would be well worth the cost. Kitchen knives?

Thanks for the link.

6. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Interesting link Rolls. Ya know, I have yet to hear anything good about Merkur blades. You'd think they'd be top notch since they make suck good razors to put blades in.

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Very interesting. I may have to send him some of my 7O'Clock blacks once the bulk order comes in....

also interested in the straight razor question Chris posted....